Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever had a wedding on your farm?

• 15-02-2020 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭

We are going to have a wedding on my brother's farm my nephew's girlfriend wanted it, because despite being a townie she loves the farm marquee, caters and portaloos in a field off the yard while the cost is not up there with a posh wedding its not cheap either.

Last wedding there was in 1959 and they had it in the house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Lovely idea.

Update the insurance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭Tefral

Insurance would be the only thing I'd think of being an issue and sometimes the catering equipment is 3 phase so make sure that's not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

We visited a veal farm run by veal farm equipment supplier in Holland in Jan. They had a viewing area seats/restaurant upstairs, nothing fancy. Said they had 2 weddings there. Chicken farm across the road, not sure where the smell was coming from, but it hit you as soon as stepped out of the car..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Sister got married in the garden In a marquee at home with all facilities brought in, the house wasn’t used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There's a mass rock on our land which has mass said at it roughly once a year. So if I do (hahahah:D) ever get married, I'll do it there. Marquee at the homeplace, hayshed cleared out in case it rains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There's a mass rock on our land which has mass said at it roughly once a year. So if I do (hahahah:D) ever get married, I'll do it there. Marquee at the homeplace, hayshed cleared out in case it rains.

That’s a great plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Friends wedding was at their farm. Worked out really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Put the silage bales standing up..they make great tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Been to a barn wedding. Old big stone barn - straw bales for seats. Catering was help yourself type foods. Local band. Great night tbh.

Advertisement