Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray for moss on tarmac

Options
  • 15-02-2020 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭

What’s the best spray for this. Have a big area to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Dunedin wrote: »

I use milling salt. Sprinkle it on the tar mac on a dry day.

Got it in Dairygold COOP.
    Think it's about €5/6 for a 20kgs bag.
    Use plastic gloves when sprinkling, its hard on the skin.
    The moss will burn and turn reddish brown after a week to 10 days.
    Use a strong yardbrush to sweep off or a mechanical powerbrush if you know a tool hire that has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Dunedin wrote: »

Bio washing powder , Aldi or lidi will do , this damp country is a fecker for moss , spent a week at the whole yard here at Christmas it’s greening up again , after the killing and washing

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

What I've used, and seems to work well is vinegar. I just buy the cheapest one from Aldi, spray it on when the moss is a bit damp (not wet) so it penetrates well. The moss turns yellow/rust coloured in a couple of days and dies off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I used the milling salt for the first time this year. (I had always used, either Mosgo or Patio Magic).. I used a plastic flour dredger to sprinkle over the whole area (time consuming). I didn't brush up the dead moss or power wash as I didn't want to wash out the salt. I got an extra bag of salt, for topping up any green areas that I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Cheap washing powder. Cut a small hole in the box and spread it around the place A very light covering will do

• Advertisement
Advertisement