Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chandelier blew out all bulbs

Options
  • 22-10-2019 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I had an antique chandelier installed last month by an electrician and 6 new light bulbs. I turned it on tonight and the whole think just blew.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Get a new electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jade2015

Ok after a bit more googling! I checked to see if it tripped a switch which it did. I have now found that it was in fact one of the light bulbs that has blown and the rest work. My problem now is there is a bit of black and burning around the twisty part of the bulb. So looks like an issue with the candle bulb holder. Anyone know how this can be fixed. I

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Most likely the bulb blew, it happens. Replace it, that’s it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

dunnerc wrote: »
    Get a new electrician

I got a puncture on a new tyre last week. New mechanic perhaps?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Bruthal wrote: »
    I got a puncture on a new tyre last week. New mechanic perhaps?

No, just replace the car.
    It’s a solid solution :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement