Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I imagining things?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Not quite sure how to put this. I confronted my girlfriend and showed her this thread. Unfortunately my suspicions were correct, absolutely shocked. Not sure I can add much really.

That's truly shocking, I'm so sorry but you were right to trust your gut.

I know it's hard to get your head around all this right now and it seems like things are bad but it will get better, hope you are ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wow OP. I am very sorry to hear that. I really hope you and your innocent family members pull through this. I hope when the dust settles you can all get along.

If I were your mam, your dad would be gone. The gf would also be dumped no matter how pretty she is. There would be no way back for those two, just tolerance for whatever family peace can be salvaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

That's horrific OP, really feel for you. What a betrayal.
    Is your father aware that you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Actually feel sick thinking about what you must be going through OP, ****ing hell. That’s horrific. I almost hope this is a troll thread rather than someone having to deal with that. What absolute scumbags, the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

That's the outcome none of us wanted.

We're still here if you want to vent.

Look after yourself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Christ,I really hope this is a troll account.
    If not, op my heart goes out to you and your innocent family members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

What an absolute selfish, deluded, twisted cow with not one shred of moral decency? To say you are well rid is a massive understatement. Don't entertain her for a minute longer- there is nothing she has to say that is worthy listening to.

Your father, unfortunately, is a different story. He'll always be your father & it won't be as easy to figure out what should happen there but whatever way it plays out make sure it's the best decision for you. You owe him nothing but may wish to salvage something of your relationship in time. Your poor mum as well.

I can't imagine having to deal with that level of betrayal, you might need to consider talking to a professional to help get your head straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm thinking a troll account, someone in from After Hours for some craic. I hope so anyway, the devastation this leaves behind would be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Highroad12

Sorry but there is clearly something going on. All you can do is try and catch them out. Maybe drop home unannounced the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

That is devastating my heart goes out to you,ive been reading and could not remember my log.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭seenitall

Hi OP,

Truly sorry to read all this. I don't have much advice to give aside try and keep your cool and deal with things in a level-headed frame of mind, if at all possible. Who knows what will transpire from all this.

For sometime in the future, I would recommend the movie "Oranges". It's an optimistic take on a situation like yours, it shows that there can still be family life and love after something like this. (Although it's not "my girlfriend had it off with my father" but "My childhood friend and neighbour and possible girlfriend had it off with my father", however it is a hopeful story about a similar situation.)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Not quite sure how to put this. I confronted my girlfriend and showed her this thread. Unfortunately my suspicions were correct, absolutely shocked. Not sure I can add much really.

That is really disgusting and disturbing OP. It's so messed up. I can't imagine how you feel. Both yourself and your poor mother have been betrayed in the worst way possible. I'm not surprised by the girlfriend but I can't believe a father would do that to his son... were u sleeping with her too? Ew... I don't know how you can look your dad in the face after this. Don't even discuss it with your girlfriend just avoid her. Did she even explain herself?! Definitely make sure your mother knows too

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Sorry OP but just to add something...
    You say she suffers from confidence issues, well I wonder if she got some sort of a kick out of playing you both. It looks to me like she wanted to get caught. Walking around in her towel.. you think she'd try to hide it better. Also the way she admitted to texting your dad, she probably sent the text on purpose to you to get a little kick out of it. She sounds twisted. And then I'm surprised she admitted to this when you confronted her. It's just something so wrong would be hard to ever admit to it...
    Personally I think she has serious mental issues. She's probably trying to break your mam and dad up to make herself feel important. It's so sad that your dads head was turned by a bitch and he betrayed the better woman.
    Did your mam catch any of the suspicious signs you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Fu*k. Man really really sorry to hear this is the outcome. If you can take one positive from this its that you trusted yourself and caught it early. Not sure I could ever forgive my dad for something like this,the GF she is scum but hes 10 times worse knowing this could ultimately destroy a family.

I wish you all the best.

I also pray this is a troll, although I think it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Megwepz

Crikey, had been following this thread and I'm so incredibly sorry to read your update OP - I'm really not sure how one would begin to even process or deal with this situation, I really hope you're doing okay.

As another poster said, this is a great place for support and to vent into so definitely use PI if your struggling with this situation.

My heart goes out to you, take care OP x

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its creepy. I would get rid of her.

Tell your mom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭fran38

Any update?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Mod:

Hi fran38

Asking for updates is against the forum charter. This is for two reasons.
    - The OP is not under any obligation to respond to the thread after starting it.
    - It creates an expectation on the part of posters that they may receive a response from the OP, which is not what PI is about.

As this thread has been inactive for over a month, I'm going to lock it. Thanks all who posted.

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement