Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow Brave......RIP

• 20-10-2019 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Gutted. Angry. Devastated 😢

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Gutted. Angry. Devastated 😢

Prob lost cash on him you tool.

Was my greatest cheltenham when he won the County and Vautour won the JLT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Mental stuff. Cyclists break their collar bone all the time and recover just fine. Actually I've yet to hear of a human athlete being put down.
    I guess that's a contributing factor to why we are the dominant species. You would think selective breading would work in the horses favour but it would seem non selective breeding as in humans has the advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

madmoose wrote: »

Excuse me ???
    What ?

Excuse me ???
    What ?

madmoose is more upset about the future prospects of his wallet size than the animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Truly a prick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fall didn't look great but didn't look as serious as this :( watched it last night then news fed through (must have been after hour after the race finished).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

tuxy wrote: »
    Mental stuff. Cyclists break their collar bone all the time and recover just fine. Actually I've yet to hear of a human athlete being put down.
    I guess that's a contributing factor to why we are the dominant species. You would think selective breading would work in the horses favour but it would seem non selective breeding as in humans has the advantage.

Have you ever counted the number of legs involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

In fairness Roger is always devastated when horses die.

Actually that's not true, he's devastated when SOME horses die. The rest he couldn't give a sh*te about.

Itziger wrote: »
    Have you ever counted the number of legs involved?

Yeah, a human only has two so is even more screwed when they break one of them.

In fairness Roger is always devastated when horses die.

Actually that's not true, he's devastated when SOME horses die. The rest he couldn't give a sh*te about.

He's probably more old school.
    There has actually been a large increase of people who follow racing out of love for the sport and never put a bet down.
    People who are interested in the gambling side of it are a dying breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

tuxy wrote: »
    He's probably more old school.
    There has actually been a large increase of people who follow racing out of love for the sport and never put a bet down.
    People who are interested in the gambling side of it are a dying breed.

Not sure about that. Racing & punting are joined at the hip. Imagine if the ten minutes before any other sporting event were spent discussing the betting odds...

Anyway RIP Wicklow Brave, a fabulous animal who achieved so much over the past 5 or 6 years. Only 10, seemed like he'd been around forever.

Advertisement