Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk to work

Options
  • 17-10-2019 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

LAst few months on the way to work I walk past someone each morning

We smile and say hello, never thought about it other than the person being a familiar face I see each day

I know nothing about them but recently started having the odd thought about them

I know realistically there’s no possible way of striking up a conversation as we’re going in opposite directions, I know nothing about them, probably just saying hi for same reason I initially was

There’s no way of getting to possibly know them without coming across creepy?

Best to just leave it as it is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You could try the romcom approach... Carry a pile of papers, drop them accidentally as they approach... If they help you pick up/chase the pages you might be onto a winner. If they look at you as if your a dope then probably not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Start small.
    After they 'Hi' maybe say 'Nice morning' or something similar.
    Gradually build rapport.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I agree with Your Face's advice, start small and let it evolve organically. I met my boyfriend while walking to work. Well, I was walking and he was cycling.

It took about eight months for us to progress from first noticing each other, starting to smile a little at each other, say hello every day and then eventually have a conversation. I had been asking friends and work colleagues how to move it forward after we'd been saying hello and waving for about six weeks but it was hampered by the fact he was cycling (and we were going opposite directions). Eventually one day he stopped to introduce himself and I asked him out (once I'd established he was single). At that point it felt like we already knew each other a little even though all we'd done was wave, smile and say hello for months.

If you're both walking it should be that bit easier to get to the point of saying more than just hello. If she likes you she will probably also be trying to find ways to move it forward. Don't be in a rush would be my advice. In these days of internet dating with its speediness and immediacy, I absolutely relished the slow-burner that our getting together turned out to be. Like writing letters with paper and pen instead of sending an email. :)

Good luck - I hope it works out for you.

Advertisement