Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed - Rangemaster Fridge Freezer

Options
  • 14-10-2019 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a Rangemaster Fridge Freezer model no RSXS661CRC which I bought 8 years ago. There was a blue light flashing on it so I got an engineer out to look at it. He said we need a new condenser fan motor. He has been trying to source it from Rangemaster but without success. They say the part is obsolete. I'm wondering would a generic part fit it? Any advice would be so appreciated as this appliance was very expensive and is not old. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

can you stick up a photo of the faulty one?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cashmerewrap

The part is still in the fridge which is still working just not properly. I don't know how much longer it will keep going for, been like this since August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The part is still in the fridge which is still working just not properly. I don't know how much longer it will keep going for, been like this since August.

OK something not adding up here, I would have expected it to have burned out by now, it is quite possible that the fan is rubbing off excess ice, plug it out and give it a manual defrost and see if the performance changes. The motor is most likely a low voltage motor of c 12 volts, a similar Daewoo motor in Ebay uk can be had for around 20stg and should be easily adapted if voltage is suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cashmerewrap

OK something not adding up here, I would have expected it to have burned out by now, it is quite possible that the fan is rubbing off excess ice, plug it out and give it a manual defrost and see if the performance changes. The motor is most likely a low voltage motor of c 12 volts, a similar Daewoo motor in Ebay uk can be had for around 20stg and should be easily adapted if voltage is suitable

Thank you so much, I'll give that a try, I really appreciate your help

Advertisement