Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tragus Piercing

Options
  • 11-10-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

So I got my Tragus pierced at the weekend. All going well until yesterday.

Started to get really sore and oozzed a bit of blood.....cleaned it up with the solution given to me by the piercer. However today its still raelly painful and swollen and it feels hot.

My question: is this normal for the swelling/discomfort to start a few days later - or should I return to my piercer for a check up??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Neera wrote: »
    So I got my Tragus pierced at the weekend. All going well until yesterday.

Started to get really sore and oozzed a bit of blood.....cleaned it up with the solution given to me by the piercer. However today its still raelly painful and swollen and it feels hot.

My question: is this normal for the swelling/discomfort to start a few days later - or should I return to my piercer for a check up??

Cheers!

Normal enough I'd say, I'd a triple helix peircing done a few months back and it wasn't till nearly a week after it got really swollen and sore. I don't know what solution your using but try using sea salt(non iodized salt basically) and luke warm water to clean it as its not as harsh on your wound as normal salt, It worked for me.
    Maybe others have other methods but I wouldn't start to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Neera

Thanks for that - bit panicked as I don't remember this happening when my helix was pierced!! Its just really uncomfortable and swollen!

The solution was a saline wound wash - its a spray bottle so I've to use this twice a day.

Thanks for that - bit panicked as I don't remember this happening when my helix was pierced!! Its just really uncomfortable and swollen!

The solution was a saline wound wash - its a spray bottle so I've to use this twice a day.

I couldn't sleep with my helix it was so red, swollen and sore and honestly when I changed from the normal salt solution to the sea salt one it made a world of difference. If you think nothing else's will work try it before you get it looked at. Also the less irritation the better, even though its hard not to touch and twist it. I washed the helix once a day when it was really sore just.

Thanks - will give it a go....just checked it there again - very red, and looks like it wants to burst!

Was it just regular sea salt that you'd buy in a supermarket that you used....how much should I add to water ?

Thanks - will give it a go....just checked it there again - very red, and looks like it wants to burst!

Was it just regular sea salt that you'd buy in a supermarket that you used....how much should I add to water ?

Yeah the regular stuff, lidl or aldi do it even. I used less thnt a quarter tea spoon to a shot class of water roughly. Used ear buds to get in round the tricky areas to clean and didn't go too rough. Hopefully that should do it

• Advertisement

Brilliant - thanks again although I fear I may need to go back. Its swollen so much now theres no room left so I may need to get a bigger bar...

Advertisement