Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-08-2015, 23:22   #16
BMMachine

Im a fan of the Office (both versions) and that kinda humour but I still cant stomach that stuff

like, i dont mind the prepared videos going into the players and that kinda thing, but the live fluff with the fans is just too cringeworthy
Advertisement
04-08-2015, 05:36   #17
NeoSlicerZ

BYE BYE NAVI.
Thanks from:
04-08-2015, 06:22   #18
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMMachine View Post
Im a fan of the Office (both versions) and that kinda humour but I still cant stomach that stuff

like, i dont mind the prepared videos going into the players and that kinda thing, but the live fluff with the fans is just too cringeworthy
The fans are the reason the community exists and why TI is such a phenomenon. I know you're a dota hipster and things were better back in the day and "dota players in 2015 lol" and all that, but get over yourself man. It's just some fans getting together and having fun.
04-08-2015, 06:23   #19
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSlicerZ View Post
BYE BYE NAVI.
Was a good match for a bo1 anyway. MVP vs Newbee was excellent, stellar SF play in that game!
04-08-2015, 08:10   #20
BMMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddybajs View Post
The fans are the reason the community exists and why TI is such a phenomenon. I know you're a dota hipster and things were better back in the day and "dota players in 2015 lol" and all that, but get over yourself man. It's just some fans getting together and having fun.
I'm to get over myself because I dont like cringey fluff segments when watching TI?
2+2 = 7

I know the fans are the reason TI is so big. thats very obvious. I also know the game itself is so big because of these same fans. I think theres a lot of flaws with the game and community, and lets be fair, there is (casual racism is rampant for example) but theres also a lot of benefits, one of which is TI. But I dont like watching those segments.
Advertisement
04-08-2015, 12:30   #21

I am not surprised that Na`Vi got booted, since their post-TI4 shuffle, they just haven't been on point. Dropping Puppey was a big mistake.

NewBee, well, their advantage going into TI4 was that they were new; essentially an element of surprise. Other teams were not fully studied on their play style. It's the same fate Alliance suffered, their only strategy was Rat Dota, which without a doubt worked very well, but now that teams know about it and how to counter it, they didn't even make it to TI5.

MvP.Phoenix are doing surprisingly well, they have absolutely no chance of winning, I suspect they'll choke the closer they get to the finals. MvP.Phoenix has strength in just grinding it out. It's hard to explain their play style, simply because they don't really have one (imo); They're a team of good brawlers that keep a level head in a team fight. It's interesting, but not TI5 Grand Finals material.

CDEC vs C9, whoever voted for C9 to win, hahahaha haha, hahaha; C9 never stood a chance, their reliance on 1 player making big plays is an achilles heel for them.

As for the upcoming matches:

Evil Geniuses vs compLexity; This should be a good match up, hard to call it, but I reckon compLexity will take it.

Team Secret vs EHOME; Fan favourites Team Secret certainly have the advantage here.

The pre Grand Finals highlight will be the match on August 5, 2015 - 19:00 PDT (August 6, 2015 - 03:00 GMT for us in Ireland); Between Team Secret and either EG or compLexity. I'm hoping for a TS vs EG match up!
04-08-2015, 16:48   #22
NeoSlicerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddybajs View Post
Was a good match for a bo1 anyway. MVP vs Newbee was excellent, stellar SF play in that game!
It was pretty decent, the fact that Navi took the rosh fight with AM BKB on cd shocked me. How's a 1.6k hp AM going to fight into Luna/SF Ults.
04-08-2015, 21:34   #23
BMMachine

DDoS attacks plaguing the event :s
gotta love that gaming culture in 2015 eh Dreddybajs?
04-08-2015, 22:39   #24
BMMachine

Well, Sumail on Ember Spirit. EG looking really good atm, I can see them in the Grand Final
Advertisement
05-08-2015, 00:12   #25
Dreddybajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMMachine View Post
DDoS attacks plaguing the event :s
gotta love that gaming culture in 2015 eh Dreddybajs?
Yeah all that stuff is gross. It's more to do with the rampant betting sites etc. though than gaming culture. Of course people are gonna do their best to impact the tournament when they can put money on the line.
05-08-2015, 01:08   #26
BMMachine

EHOME!!!!!
05-08-2015, 01:12   #27
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
I'm glad I recorded a conversation last Monday before the group stages even started, telling him ehome will go far and beat Secret
Thanks from:
05-08-2015, 03:23   #28
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Dear god that QO TA game. Bloody amazing!
05-08-2015, 17:12   #29
DeSelby83

Is there any timetable out there. Iv found the bracket set up but would like to know the times too so I can plan what time I'll be able watch some games. Thanks
05-08-2015, 17:28   #30
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Games always start at 7pm-9pm-12am-3am, but due to various network issues little has finished on time.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion