Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-11-2014, 00:55   #1
6queenmary

Solid Fuel Cooker

I am just about to purchase a new solid fuel cooker that can also heat up to 19 rads. Trouble is we cannot decide between the Concept 2 Maxi, or the new Senko 35. The kitchen is small and I dont want the heat output to the kitchen to become too high. I am currently using a very old cast iron iron range which takes a long time to warm up the oven and then makes the room too unpleasant to stay in. Any advice would be appreciated
Advertisement
28-11-2014, 23:13   #2
byte

Might be best asking in the Plumbing and Heating forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320
01-12-2014, 21:01   #3
Billy Bunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6queenmary View Post
I am just about to purchase a new solid fuel cooker that can also heat up to 19 rads. Trouble is we cannot decide between the Concept 2 Maxi, or the new Senko 35. The kitchen is small and I dont want the heat output to the kitchen to become too high. I am currently using a very old cast iron iron range which takes a long time to warm up the oven and then makes the room too unpleasant to stay in. Any advice would be appreciated
I hate it when you get this "can also heat up to 19 rads", just how big are these 19 rads ? 1 foot wide or 9 foot wide ?

If 1 foot youll have 19, but 9 foot yal have 2

Size of rooms to get input required.
02-12-2014, 01:36   #4
6queenmary

Eh, yeah...but i am not worried about the radiators (they are 9 standard
doubles, 6 ft) Both cookers have a 30kw output. It was the heat that may be felt in a small kitchen i was more interested on knowing about. Thanks anyway. I wonder of there is anyone else there that actually owns one and can pass on any advice on these cookers.
16-01-2015, 23:19   #5
sohagan74

Hi there,
I am familar with these cookers. As you only have 9 rads and a small kitchen, it would make more sense to go with the 25 kw senko. That will defo heat your 9 rads (18 kw to boiler) and 7 to the room. Then you will have no issue with too much heat to the kitchen. Perhaps you didn't know the senko came in a 25 kw model? Hope this advice helps

S
Advertisement
16-01-2015, 23:37   #6
byte

7kW to a small kitchen would seem a lot?
17-01-2015, 17:41   #7
sohagan74

not really to be honest. 7 kw would be max possible heat, normal typical/moderate operation likely to be around 4 kw. The senko is such an efficient cooker it doesn't require the cooker to be flat out (creating excessive heat to room) to work good unlike inefficient cookers which require the bottom door to be left open in an attempt to heat the rads. Believe you me I have had plenty of experience in that department
22-02-2016, 22:38   #8
Plynch74

Hi guys,
I have the Concept2 installed 2 years now. My brother has the Senko 35 kw installed. There is no comparison. Senko is definitely a much better builld of cooker in every way. Concept2 is not a bad cooker but I seriously wish I had put in the Senko, it kicks ass.

Advantages when we compared notes are:
Boiler replaceable in Senko (not replaceable in my concept2)
Better ash pan in senko (ash pan to shallow and too near grate causing ashes to get decapitated and mess)
Oven larger in senko and also stainless steel, oven smaller in concept2 and turns a brownish colour as not stainless steel
Better insulation levels in Senko, very little insulation in concept2
Higher output, Senko is 35 kw based on wood, concept2 is 25 kw based on wood. He gets at least 5 more rads than me and also better heat to the room itself
.....few more advantages the Senko has but I don't want to bore you all too tears . Its a little bit more expensive but I reckon worth it.

I have to admit my brother in this particular case made a better decision than me. I am normally the smart one

P
31-01-2017, 09:51   #9
taz801

Senko 35kw

Hi

We are in the process of putting on an extension and originally went looking at stanley donard only to be told we would be daft putting in one. why not go for the concept 2 with 29kw output but after doing some research i have come across the senko with higher output of 35kw

We will be putting this into a large room approx 40ft x 22ft and we will have
11 single rads standard size and 3 doubles standard size

We are living in galway and the only stockists i have come across is thermopoint in buncrana and waterford, has anyone else purchased a senko elsewhere?? and any feedback would be appreciated.
Advertisement
06-02-2018, 11:32   #10
Crowbar10

Hi there

Anybody installed a Senko cooker C35 (soild fuel)? Any good? I need a heavy duty range and looking for assistance or help with this model?

Thanks in advance
20-02-2018, 11:27   #11
taz801

Hi crowbar 10

we have senko 35 premium installed. where are you based??
21-02-2018, 11:06   #12
Crowbar10

Hi Taz

would be very interested to have a chat and a possible visit if ok? do you have contact details etc...
26-02-2018, 17:59   #13
taz801

will pm you my details
07-04-2018, 12:03   #14

Hi I know this thread started a year ago but anyway.. I'm thinking of installing a senko 35kw in my house to replace a wamsler that's older than I am😀 has anyone got the purchase price for one of these in Ireland? I've come across this website https://termometal.hr/en/ who will deliver the cooker I want including everything for 1630 euro does that sound right? I would prefer to deal with someone in Ireland but I can only imagine it'll be more expensive to do so. What are people paying for this range here ?
20-08-2018, 12:52   #15
Turfwarrior

Hi ponyirl,

I am also thinking of purchasing one of these cookers. Did you decide to buy direct from Croatia? If so how was your experience?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion