Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffin Making?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,105 ✭✭✭✭listermint

positron wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that this is a really thought provoking thread... Thanks!

PS: Various cultures have way more efficient and green solutions to this, like sky burials etc but I thought I read something about burials in forests, hole deep enough to fit the body upright etc - can't remember if that was about Ireland or USA, must google.

The guards will find your computer interesting

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Stigura

Naah. He wears the same bracelet as me :)

02906354819-1570985246655-541166-Medic-Alert-Bracelettn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Interesting thread.

You have mentioned transporting the "coffin" in a van, a horsebox and a jeep.
    This suggests that you haven't actually firmed up an arrangement with a willing driver.
    You should allow for the fact that the chosen driver may predecease you or not have the necessary vehicle when you pass.
    I recommend that you ensure that your "coffin" will fit in a standard hearse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

elperello wrote: »
    Interesting thread.

You have mentioned transporting the "coffin" in a van, a horsebox and a jeep.
    This suggests that you haven't actually firmed up an arrangement with a willing driver.
    You should allow for the fact that the chosen driver may predecease you or not have the necessary vehicle when you pass.
    I recommend that you ensure that your "coffin" will fit in a standard hearse

Man with a van from adverts?
    I like the idea of a plain wooden box, Id considered cremation but I think there has got to be a more environmentally friendly method, rotting in a hole in a plain wooden box surely has to be the simplest?
    Id be a bit concerned about seepage and Id prefer not to use non biodegradeable material, and Id like to steer away from mdf.

I intensely dislike being gouged and it excused as being acceptable when its deemed unlikely it will be protested or the recipient of the bill is in a situation where its not the thing they are considering,
    An explanation/excuse Id come across for expensive funeral costs is that many people dont end up paying the bill for their deceased relative.
    IMO it's a similar excuse for motor insurance costs being so high, in that scenario that some sorts are making fake claims, rather than that it's the business itself actually gouging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Donalde

I hope there's no woodworm in the stable? Don't want to find it reduced to a pile of dust when the time comes!

Advertisement