Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

status quo 2020

Options
  • 14-10-2019 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

What's left of status quo play Belfast waterfront hall October 5th and Dublin Olympia theatre 6th 2020. Tickets on sale Friday for anyone who might be interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Francis Rossi basically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

It'll be interesting to see how tickets sell and are priced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I saw them in the mid 1980's in Leisureland, Galway. It was called ' The End of the Road tour' !

finbarrk wrote: »
    I saw them in the mid 1980's in Leisureland, Galway. It was called ' The End of the Road tour' !

When they were massive

But, drummer is gone...Bass player is gone...Rick has sadly passed.

Not for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://olympia.ie/whats-on/status-quo/
    The UK’s best-loved rockers Status Quo are coming to Dublin on 6th October 2020 with the ‘Backbone’Winter Tour.

Quo will be performing hits from across their five decade career, and of course the latest hit album ‘Backbone’ their highest charting album of new material for 37 years since ‘1+9+8+2’ in 1982. This tour sees the band’s return to the stage, as part of a major European tour, after largely taking a break in 2019.

no mention of it being acoustic, the last tour was meant to be the last electric. But their (his!) "last" gigs are a running joke at this stage.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/status-quo-announce-last-ever-electric-tour-dates-for-3arena-dublin-and-ss-arena-belfast-34636004.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

I'm going to go. Bass player has been (John Edwards) there since late 80s, keyboard player since 1976. Alas no Rick parfitt but still should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Parfitts replacement is Irish.

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    I'm going to go. Bass player has been (John Edwards) there since late 80s, keyboard player since 1976. Alas no Rick parfitt but still should be good

I've been to many incarnations of the band and they will put on a great gig.

I just saw the original band many times, including their last gig here in 2014. That was the End of The Road for me, especially after Parfitt's passing

The Nal wrote: »
    Parfitts replacement is Irish.

That he is

Advertisement