Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Coworking option?

Options
  • 22-10-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate input/thoughts on this.

I'm booked in to view WeWork (Iveagh Court) & Galdore this week this week.

I'm a solo enterprise and looking to get away from existing working arrangement (home & heath club).

I'm looking for something with ease of access (I live in Terenure) and that has a social vibe and generally is a nice space to work in.

WeWork has a lot of location and I'd consider:
    WW Iveagh Court
    WW Harcourt Rd
    Galdore - all offices are together so I'm unsure of the quality of each of the steps
    Iconic offices - Anyone any experience of these, they have way more options, not sure how they compare against WeWork?

Budget is for dedicated desk and all are within budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I wouldn't be signing any long term contracts with WeWork right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Look at the CoWorking options in the GEC (Guinness Enterprise Centre)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Trojan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be signing any long term contracts with WeWork right now.

ha.

I had considered this, unsure of contractual setup with them.

They have their obvious appeal and I'm familiar with their London setup(s), which are excellent.

What's of particular interest to me is the social / networking side of things.

I have a perfectly fine home office but would be in a situation where I could spend majority of the day talking to the dog and waiting for the wife to come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Axwell wrote: »

+1

I did some work with fellow who shared an office here a number of years ago; their rents were very competitive.

Thanks, I have time w/ WeWork, Iconic & Galdore for a tour.

I had considered GEC, however I'm fairly clueless about their setup, because of the distance I just prioritised these (above) other three.

Do they offer any advantage that you're aware of over the others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What's of particular interest to me is the social / networking side of things.

I have a perfectly fine home office but would be in a situation where I could spend majority of the day talking to the dog and waiting for the wife to come home.

I've been working from a home office for 12 years. Some recommendations: join chamber of commerce, volunteer on committees in your industry, look to see what other networking events are happening locally, look for slack groups related to your work, join those and see if there's anyone who wants to do an occasional zoom call. I joined a mastermind group and we do group calls every 2 weeks. Another group I'm in I have regular calls with individuals, and recently met one of the guys for beer in Munich.

There's plenty of ways to get the social benefits without giving yourself an extra cost and a commute (the thought).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks, I have time w/ WeWork, Iconic & Galdore for a tour.

I had considered GEC, however I'm fairly clueless about their setup, because of the distance I just prioritised these (above) other three.

Do they offer any advantage that you're aware of over the others?

Competitive rent, great networking opportunities and staff, great atmosphere and an onsite cafe. Biased possibly as I was based there for many years between my own stuff and contracting for others but couldn't say a bad thing about the place to be honest.

Competitive rent, great networking opportunities and staff, great atmosphere and an onsite cafe. Biased possibly as I was based there for many years between my own stuff and contracting for others but couldn't say a bad thing about the place to be honest.

Thank you, very helpful. Having visited all WW/Iconic & Glandore; it sounds like GEC offer a different advantage than these.

I will also arrange time to view GEC too. I'll follow up here my assessment of all four.

Advertisement