Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dev Build

Options
  • 09-10-2019 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

As above, I'm looking to put together a build focused around software development.

Developing in .net so will be using SQL server, visual studio, visual studio code, etc. Lots of chrome tabs also!

I'm leaning towards more RAM as opposed to higher end graphics card as the xamarin android emulator is ram intensive.

Would like to be able to run up to 2 monitors @ 1440p .
    1. What is your budget? [€1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Development with a bit of gaming.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?

5. Do you need a monitor? I could get away without a new monitor for a while. Have a 24inch that would do me. Would like a 32inch 1440p in the future

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Current monitor is 1920x1080 , plan to upgrade to 1440p

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? no, i have keyboard, mouse and speakers.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? yes

8. How can you pay? Credit card / debit card

9. When are you purchasing? No rush, next 30 days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? don't need help assembling

If you have a sample build yourself, use Fluffy's script to format it nicely.

Thoughts?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£117.50 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£106.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£63.75 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB PULSE Video Card (£197.70 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£68.74 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (£63.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £768.60
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-09 09:44 BST+0100

Thanks

Edit. Will update with standard questions and answers later.

Comments

Advertisement