Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert stove with large fire box

Options
  • 19-02-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭

I want to put in a boiler stove and am leaning towards an insert because the sitting room is only 13' x 13' and it would leave more room than a stand alone stove .
    We will have an oil boiler anyhow for convenience but would like to use the solid fuel option when we are around the house because we have alot of trees on the farm that need tidying and clearing up after windfall which I'm at anyhow for the parents house .
    I looked at the firebird insert that yer man in the hardware was selling but I wouldn't get much timber in it and reckon would need filling up fairly often to heat the water , he did say it was very efficient but maybe that would be okay with coal or something .
    So have ye any ideas on inserts I should be looking at that would take a good load of firewood . Thanks for looking
    I nearly forgot , it will be heating 9 rads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Bullocks wrote: »
    I want to put in a boiler stove and am leaning towards an insert because the sitting room is only 13' x 13' and it would leave more room than a stand alone stove .
    We will have an oil boiler anyhow for convenience but would like to use the solid fuel option when we are around the house because we have alot of trees on the farm that need tidying and clearing up after windfall which I'm at anyhow for the parents house .
    I looked at the firebird insert that yer man in the hardware was selling but I wouldn't get much timber in it and reckon would need filling up fairly often to heat the water , he did say it was very efficient but maybe that would be okay with coal or something .
    So have ye any ideas on inserts I should be looking at that would take a good load of firewood . Thanks for looking
    I nearly forgot , it will be heating 9 rads
    Have a look at a esse 350gs insert, it has a large firebox, double the size of a firebird, not too many stove shops have them on show, but they should be able to get one in from england.

Advertisement