Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water pump change. No heating upstairs

• 12-02-2019 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Our water pump gave up today and the landlord called up and fit a new one.

Problem now is that we've no rads working upstairs at all.

I've bled them all, downstairs are red hot and upstairs stone cold.

I turned off all downstairs and then upstairs heats up quickly but when I turn back on downstairs they go cold again.

Tank in the attic is full and no problem with the ballcock, all rads are bled, burner is burning and pump is pumping.

What do I do???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭John.G

kkhornet wrote: »
    Our water pump gave up today and the landlord called up and fit a new one.

Problem now is that we've no rads working upstairs at all.

I've bled them all, downstairs are red hot and upstairs stone cold.

I turned off all downstairs and then upstairs heats up quickly but when I turn back on downstairs they go cold again.

Tank in the attic is full and no problem with the ballcock, all rads are bled, burner is burning and pump is pumping.

What do I do???

A bit surprising that all the rads when on together aren't warm at least as they are all are bled, with no air, so it possibly points to the pump setting.

All new replacement pumps now are energy efficient (A rated) and have multiple settings, if you post the make/model of the new pump, may be able to help. Also if you still have it, the make/model of the old pump and you may be able to see its last speed setting, ie 1, 2, or 3., this would assist greatly in setting up the new one quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

John.G wrote: »
    A bit surprising that all the rads when on together aren't warm at least as they are all are bled, with no air, so it possibly points to the pump setting.

All new replacement pumps now are energy efficient (A rated) and have multiple settings, if you post the make/model of the new pump, may be able to help. Also if you still have it, the make/model of the old pump and you may be able to see its last speed setting, ie 1, 2, or 3., this would assist greatly in setting up the new one quickly.

Yeah they're either hot downstairs and stone cold upstairs or vice versa. There's no warm or in between.
    Unfortunately beginning a night shift now but will get a pic uploaded when I get home.
    Thanks

Got sorted in the end after fiddling about with the pump settings. Cheers

Got sorted in the end after fiddling about with the pump settings. Cheers

As a matter of interest what is the pump make?.

John.G wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what is the pump make?.

It's either DAB or evosta. Made in Italy anyway whichever it is

• Advertisement

It's either DAB or evosta. Made in Italy anyway whichever it is

It may be a re badged DAB Evosta sold by heat merchants as a HM Pro 4-7 which has 3 fixed speed settings and 6 PP (proportional pressure) settings. I know of one person not too far from me who has retro fitted one of these and runs it in PP6 mode, ~ a modulating 5M pump at that setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

When you realise that heating engineers can be like train spotters or plane spotters. Very good sharing of knowledge all the same.

Advertisement