Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no internet access

Options
  • 29-12-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I haven't had any internet access for the the last week on my laptop, everything else in my home has internet. I've tried restoring it and scanning for virus. I even contacted my internet provider but nothing seems to work. I would appreciate any help given.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

There is usually a button on the laptop that allows wireless connection.
    Maybe you turned it off by brushing against or cleaning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you connecting to router via wifi? What computer are you using?
    Have you installed anything recently?
    What makes you think it's a virus or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 c00p

biko wrote: »
    Are you connecting to router via wifi? What computer are you using?
    Have you installed anything recently?
    What makes you think it's a virus or something?

I haven't installed anything recently. It has a yellow triangle over the internet bars . The laptop says im connected to my broadband but i don't have internet access. Im guessing that its a virus cos when my service provided was trying to help me out, something about a previous page and windows tab came up and maybe the laptop got something off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

if you're connected to the wireless network but with no internet access can you not try and repair the connection?

Try connect with a cable and see if you can get internet access that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 c00p

Thanks to all for your help. I think i sorted the problem. I ran a full scan from Microsoft security essentials, it took about 8 or 9 hours but the little yellow symbol over the internet bars has gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement