Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

antivirus for android tablet advice needed

Options
  • 19-01-2014 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi guys
    A friend got a message on a movie site he was on that there was a critical virus and to get rid of it he should download 360 antivirus which would get rid of it. He downloaded it and did a scan which said there was no virus. I read the reviews of the 360 app which said it was great and would speed up your device. His tablet got slower so i told him to uninstall the 360 app he did but now he cant log into his games cos there is not enough room to enter his password. Any help would really be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

"take off, nuke the site from orbit, only way to be sure"
    aka
    reset the tablet to factory settings and move on, simplest way to solve the problem (what ever the problem now is!)

If it's android/iOS, games bought from their respective app stores then he can just re-download the content to the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

Thanks a mill for your reply - i have no idea about android games i only know its the simpsons game and he's been playing it for ages. If its set back to factory settings will he lose everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wrt game data, unless it's stored in the cloud then I would imagine he likely would lose that, pain in backside but probably better to have a properly working tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

Ah crap doubt its backed up - so raging cos i told him to download the app so feel responsible i think the site was vooze or something that you can watch films for free -is that likely to have viruses think lots of people use it without any problems - not a film buff myself so dont really know. Told him to leave tablet off for a while turn it back on tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks scruff monkey for your advice - hopefully its not a reset though!!

Advertisement