Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel parking g

Options
  • 20-08-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I will be in Clonmel town after 4pm Friday eve til about 10pm. Just wondering can you recommend a free or cheap place to leave car? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

yogalady wrote: »
    Hi there

I will be in Clonmel town after 4pm Friday eve til about 10pm. Just wondering can you recommend a free or cheap place to leave car? Many thanks

There is free parking down at what I would call the gas house bridge car park. You can google maps some of these references to help you locate it.
    Coming into Clonmel from the Kilkenny/Waterford side you drive past a Ford dealer and then the Showgrounds shopping centre on your left. At the traffic lights, turn left. There is a long row of houses facing onto the road on your left. At the end of that row you can turn left before the next group of houses.
    If you miss it, just continue over the bridge/river and there’s a small roundabout you can use to get back over the bridge.
    It’s just a 6 minute walk into the Main Street then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

To be honest - You'd be better off parking anywhere at that time on a Friday. Don't they stop charging at 5 anyway, so you'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

There is free parking down at what I would call the gas house bridge car park. You can google maps some of these references to help you locate it.
    Coming into Clonmel from the Kilkenny/Waterford side you drive past a Ford dealer and then the Showgrounds shopping centre on your left. At the traffic lights, turn left. There is a long row of houses facing onto the road on your left. At the end of that row you can turn left before the next group of houses.
    If you miss it, just continue over the bridge/river and there’s a small roundabout you can use to get back over the bridge.
    It’s just a 6 minute walk into the Main Street then.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

callaway92 wrote: »
    To be honest - You'd be better off parking anywhere at that time on a Friday. Don't they stop charging at 5 anyway, so you'd be fine.

On website says until 630pm

Advertisement