Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application proof of address living at home

Options
  • 18-10-2018 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all

Were currently living at hime and banks want proof of address they wont accept our phone bills bank documents that are in our name and address but we have no utility bills how do we overcome this? Any idea of other proof we can give

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Letters from the tax office or other state agencies might be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think I used my P60 as proof of address if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

My broker says my p60 isnt enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Can you get a letter from work/payslip that has your address on it, maybe that would work? I don't have any utilities in my name either, this stuff is in my partner's name.. so I used stuff like that instead and it was fine. If the broker is being difficult and won't accept any of this, ask them what exactly you should provide in your case. Or go to a bank directly and don't bother with a broker. If you apply with the bank you're already with then you may not even need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,286 ✭✭✭✭Victor

living at home
    Do you mean you are living with your parents?

Will they accept a copy of their utility bills and a letter confirming that you live there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I used some random letters from the revenue... They didn't seem that fussy about it. Having said that, I applied for a mortgage through a couple of banks and thought it was funny that they all seem to focus on different documentation... What's very important to one lender, the next lender didn't seem bothered about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I used some random letters from the revenue... They didn't seem that fussy about it. Having said that, I applied for a mortgage through a couple of banks and thought it was funny that they all seem to focus on different documentation... What's very important to one lender, the next lender didn't seem bothered about.

The legislation doesn't set out exactly what documentation is required, so each bank has to figure out themselves what is needed to satisfy the AML requirements.

Strange they are specifying utility bills. When I went for approval I was using the home address for all my proofs and only had bank statements and revenue letters. I even openly told them I wasn't living there full time but that I always keep all correspondence and proofs of address at my home address rather than having stuff coming to me in a rental/houseshare. Was no issue at all with KBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭poppers

All utiliy bills are in my name so oh uses their car insurance cert as proof of address. Never had an issue.

Advertisement