Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to go sale agreed?

Options
  • 14-10-2018 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Do you have to go sale agreed on your property before putting an offer on another property you want to buy?I have a valuation from an estate agent that valued my house recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You can put an offer in, but it's unlikely they'll accept and ask you to come back when sale agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

We are just after coming through this, we found a hosue we loved so got ours on market the next week,
    We found estate agents didn’t even want to bother letting us view without being sale agreed never mind put a bid on.
    When we finally went sale agreed (after being told by 2 agents it would take 2/3 weeks it took nearly 3 months) and still our bids weren’t taken seriously, they wanted contracts signed.
    The same week contracts were signed we had a bid accepted.
    Sale agreed doesn’t mean much unfortunately.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭thebourke

What happens if i go sale agreed on my house and am then outbid on the property i am trying to buy....do i have to pay estate agent any money/fee
    anybody got any experience on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

thebourke wrote: »
    What happens if i go sale agreed on my house and am then outbid on the property i am trying to buy....do i have to pay estate agent any money/fee
    anybody got any experience on this?

Two separate transactions. As a seller, you pay the estate agent the agreed selling fee for selling your own house.
    As a buyer, buying another house doesn't incur fees from an estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭thebourke

what i meant was if i go sale agreed...and then i am outbid on the house i am trying to buy.
    i then decide not to sell my house...and take it of the market..
    does the estate agent charge you any money for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

thebourke wrote: »
    what i meant was if i go sale agreed...and then i am outbid on the house i am trying to buy.
    i then decide not to sell my house...and take it of the market..
    does the estate agent charge you any money for this?

There will be costs of course. The estate agent will have taken photos, done a sales brochure, advertised the property, put up a sign and the cost of viewings. These are all up front costs which you pay in advance before the property goes up for sale.
    Check the agent's contract.

Advertisement