Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy-to-let in Limerick

Options
  • 13-10-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I an hoping to purchase for a buy-to-let property in Limerick city or suburbs. I was initially looking at the city centre as I think this area will really come on in the next decade and would be a sound option long-term. I would like to get some feedback on various apartment blocks, in particular, Pery Court, Newtown House, Old Windmill apartments, Chapel Court, Abbey River Court.

Also, I know that the city centre has already come on a lot in recent years but I would appreciate any advice on areas or apartment blocks to definitely avoid.

I am also open to the suburbs...SCR, Dooradoyle/Raheen or Castletroy area as I think the rental market is good due to Mary I, the hospital and UL. But the property prices are a little higher here so I'm not sure they make for the best investment.

Any feedback is much appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12 cave_troll

well first of all you missed the recovery in limerick for the most part , limerick only bottomed in early 2015 and didnt really start to get expensive until around the end of 2016 , its gone up about 50% since 2015 but was absurdly cheap for a very long time.

limerick has a lot of dross in the city centre itself , if your looking for yield , id consider somewhere like corbally if you buy in the suburbs , its mostly middle class but a good bit cheaper than other middle class suburbs , traffic from corbally in to town is the worst in the city but people will still live out there due to lack of options .

none of the appartment blocks you mentioned are great but id probably go with newtown house , its on henry st which isnt a great area but is very central so rent will be good but purchase price lower than the likes of old windmill court , those appartments are pretty good too in that development

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

Can I ask what are your reasons for Limerick specifically? Had you considered other counties or is it because you are living in Limerick yourself? I am in Dublin and looking at Louth as a possible BTL investment spot which is not too far from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 uplimerick

Thanks Cave Troll. I've been thinking about Corbally alright... do you know anything about Lock Mills or Fishermans Quay? I know the property was really cheap a few years ago... but unfortunately wasn't in a position to buy then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 uplimerick

I live near Limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You want your head examined becoming a LL in this regulatory climate IMHO. Have you looked into REIT investments?

• Advertisement
Advertisement