Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookcase search

Options
  • 19-09-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to buy something to hold lots of Magazine File boxes (32.5cm tall). It's in a small bedroom that I'm turning into small office.

Something in the line of bookcase. Don't want it too officey looking, if that makes sense.

Oak would be good.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭banie01

forumdedum wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking to buy something to hold lots of Magazine File boxes (32.5cm tall). It's in a small bedroom that I'm turning into small office.

Something in the line of bookcase. Don't want it too officey looking, if that makes sense.

Oak would be good.

Thanks

IKEA Billy in one of the wood finishes maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Or Ikea Kallax, iirc the shelves have gaps of 33cm which is perfect for magazines and 12 inch albums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

banie01 wrote: »
    IKEA Billy in one of the wood finishes maybe?

Thanks for that. Would definitely consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Or Ikea Kallax, iirc the shelves have gaps of 33cm which is perfect for magazines and 12 inch albums

Saw someone storing such on YouTube, looks effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I actually forgot about the Kallax.
    I have both the Billy and the Kallax.
    The Billy is built out to the corner unit still, used to display collectibles, as book, comic and magazine storage including Magazine box files and does it brilliantly.

The Kallax is also brilliant and very versatile as regards placement and use.
    We have a 4x2 with the fabric "drawers" it can be set up vertically as shelves, horizontal as desk/countertop, can be wall mounted in either orientation too.
    We use ours as understairs storage organiser and love it.
    Love them both really but both do different jobs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement