Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Primary Lesson Plan template

Options
  • 01-09-2019 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to refine/update my lesson plans, has anyone got a good one page lesson plan template for post primary or tell me where to get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to refine/update my lesson plans, has anyone got a good one page lesson plan template for post primary or tell me where to get one?

Is there a PME in your school? Do you use lesson plans for every lesson? I havn't used one since my dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Is there a PME in your school? Do you use lesson plans for every lesson? I havn't used one since my dip.

Yeah, I haven't really either used one since I did the DIP 7 years ago but was reconsidering using something very simple to organise my teaching a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Yeah, I haven't really either used one since I did the DIP 7 years ago but was reconsidering using something very simple to organise my teaching a bit

I'm sure it hasn't changed that much. Topic, previous learning, learning outcomes, body of lesson, reflection.

You'll burn yourself out if you have 22 hours. Your year plan should focus your teaching. Don't get yourself bogged down in paperwork.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'm sure it hasn't changed that much. Topic, previous learning, learning outcomes, body of lesson, reflection.

You'll burn yourself out if you have 22 hours. Your year plan should focus your teaching. Don't get yourself bogged down in paperwork.

But in the interim, the continuum of support has come in for children with SEN and there is a huge emphasis on integration and differentiation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Hi,

I'm trying to construct Units of Learning for my subject at the moment. Each outline involves - Learning outcomes, action verbs, key skills, key learning (what the students will know), assessment techniques, teaching methodologies, resources and a space for a reflection. Each is a one page document.
    This is more to satisfy inspectors to be honest but may be of some use to you.

As mentioned above, asking a PME student in the school would be a good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

keep it simple all on one a4 page. i find it is really handy to time manage a topic or something so that you dont go over time while introducing new concepts which i sometimes do and not leave enough time for quality afl and group work. which is ok in an academic class or LC but not in most average classes

Advertisement