Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 prebuilt homes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

utmbuilder wrote: »
    I've been preaching on here for a while now, not enough mortgages are being drawn down for the new stock coming onto the market, between ready made homes, and flat complex's currently breaking ground its going to be real interesting to see how quickly we start meeting demand

Article below is 100 houses built in Cavan driven down to Ardee

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/over-100-families-move-into-new-factory-built-houses-in-louth-944027.html

Maybe they will start clearing those council lists after all.

Average rent of €57 per week for a 3 bed house... no wonder house sales are slowing down when people can aspire to a forever home at these prices

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TSQ wrote: »
    Average rent of €57 per week for a 3 bed house... no wonder house sales are slowing down when people can aspire to a forever home at these prices

Non productive types out of work for 5 years plus in council funded/owned accommodation in productive areas should be fooked out to these places to live and let people prepared to work take their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

pre fab houses? wonder is there money in them i seen pre fabricated appartments go up in australia in less than 10 days mind you it did take over a year to make in a yard.

I wouldn't mind buying a camping pod and renting out during the summer, would be a handy investment

https://www.shedfactoryireland.ie/ie/19x8-garden-camping-pod.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1IiK4MqI5AIVSPlRCh2fqA5uEAQYASABEgJNk_D_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JMMCapital wrote: »
    pre fab houses? wonder is there money in them i seen pre fabricated appartments go up in australia in less than 10 days mind you it did take over a year to make in a yard.

I wouldn't mind buying a camping pod and renting out during the summer, would be a handy investment

https://www.shedfactoryireland.ie/ie/19x8-garden-camping-pod.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1IiK4MqI5AIVSPlRCh2fqA5uEAQYASABEgJNk_D_BwE

Yeah, then you'd have to have a plot of land to park it, that'll cost you about 200, so it wouldn't really be worth the hassle....if you want to plonk it in your backyard I don't think you'd get planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Yeah, then you'd have to have a plot of land to park it, that'll cost you about 200, so it wouldn't really be worth the hassle....if you want to plonk it in your backyard I don't think you'd get planning permission.

I have a 2 big plot's of land empty atm and i want to get some economic value out of them. Planning is the only issue I live next door to a mobile home park already so that doesn't help we'll see sure. I know someone locally who has the exact same pod linked and he seems to be getting a load of business from the looks of his airbnb (75 quid a night) I live close to the beach too so there would be plenty of demand during the summer as location is ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

TSQ wrote: »

I suspect 2 k a month rent is slowing down house sales a lot more then 57 euro a week rent tbh.

The 2 k a month rent hinders the ability to save for deposits etc - as money that would otherwise go into savings is going towards rent.

The people eligible for 57 euro a week social housing aren't going to be drawing down mortgages anyway .

Unless you are saying people are deliberately curtailing their income in order to boost their chance of 57 euro a week rent .

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭TSQ

Old diesel wrote: »
    I suspect 2 k a month rent is slowing down house sales a lot more then 57 euro a week rent tbh.

The 2 k a month rent hinders the ability to save for deposits etc - as money that would otherwise go into savings is going towards rent.

The people eligible for 57 euro a week social housing aren't going to be drawing down mortgages anyway .

Unless you are saying people are deliberately curtailing their income in order to boost their chance of 57 euro a week rent .

“Single” mothers wouldnt be gaming the system, of course.
    A “principal earner” with spouse and 2 dependent kids and take home pay of around €400/wk will qualify for rent of around €80/wk while another adult living in the house could be earning any amount and the rent goes up by €10 (am not sure if this would include a working partner or spouse who is not the “principal earner”). Childrens allowance and handouts from StVdeP dont count towards income. Other councils have similar criteria, although many have a much lower minimum and maximum rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Some one who is working full time and trying to buy a house for 200k
    is not on the housing list .
    Theres plenty of empty house,s in rural area,s .
    the problem is young people want to live near where they work ,
    the no of house,s being built in the dublin is not even close to the demand
    for housing.
    Say you fill out a form to go on the housing list,
    it,ll be 8 to 10 years before you even get an offer to view a property.
    i dont think there,s many people who live in dublin who will move to cavan to save on rental cost,s .
    Large tech companys like google want to be based in citys .
    Our economy is growing but its not growing in rural area,s .
    I don,t think theres 1000,s of empty council houses in rural area,s
    ready for people could move in .

Advertisement