Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cadetship 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FIR094

Does anyone know the date of when the cadetship starts please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 07Foresight

FIR094 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the date of when the cadetship starts please?

The next cadetship recruitment is subject to open up again somewhere early next year, but it’s also subject to get pushed depending on many different factors that, we are unable to play part in.

In the last three weeks or so, about thirty plus recruits have decided to drop out of their GSE competition and an additional ten out of the CS competition which is a tremendous loss at this very moment due to the current problem with experienced and non-experienced personnel leaving.

For this reason, the Defence Forces should in all honesty focus on getting the ball rolling unless they really want to be running on a skeleton crew at this rate.

I remember putting my application in, but it took an extremely long time to even hear back or get results delivered. However, it pays off in the long run.

I hope everyone here who’s really committed to serving the homeland hear back from, the Defence Forces soon enough as it’s an amazing experience for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭BittysHill1998

In the last three weeks or so, about thirty plus recruits have decided to drop out of their GSE competition and an additional ten out of the CS competition which is a tremendous loss at this very moment due to the current problem with experienced and non-experienced personnel leaving.

For this reason, the Defence Forces should in all honesty focus on getting the ball rolling unless they really want to be running on a skeleton crew at this rate.

I remember putting my application in, but it took an extremely long time to even hear back or get results delivered. However, it pays off in the long run.

I hope everyone here who’s really committed to serving the homeland hear back from, the Defence Forces soon enough as it’s an amazing experience for sure.

Where did you here this? Are they still vetting candidates?

I’ve been waiting for over a month on the Cadetship reply and 3 months for General Service getting back to me.

• Advertisement

Not recruitment the course itself, is there an indication when it will start?

Not recruitment the course itself, is there an indication when it will start?

Recruitment starts in April and induction starts in October.

We are officer cadets undergoing training in malta, cadets from previous years depart to ireland at the end of september. This year somehow we did not receive any news regarding the initiation of the cadetship in Ireland. Any indication of when it will start this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RJ123

Yes Garda has been held up

I’d say you are probably getting in there have most definitely been drop outs but I guess their policy like you said is they can’t tell people on the waiting list until all first round offers are out in which there are still a few pending.

• Advertisement

We are officer cadets undergoing training in malta, cadets from previous years depart to ireland at the end of september. This year somehow we did not receive any news regarding the initiation of the cadetship in Ireland. Any indication of when it will start this year?

The class starts in October this year. This Cadet class is supposed to very big so organising it is taking some time. There are also vetting issues.

RJ123 wrote: »
    I’d say you are probably getting in there have most definitely been drop outs but I guess their policy like you said is they can’t tell people on the waiting list until all first round offers are out in which there are still a few pending.

Have you talked to them recently? It’s been nearly 3 weeks since the first offers went out and over a month since the reserve list were contacted.

The waiting is killing me haha.

Have you talked to them recently? It’s been nearly 3 weeks since the first offers went out and over a month since the reserve list were contacted.

The waiting is killing me haha.

Yeah I did last week and actually know people have only gotten their offers this week so the offers are coming out as the admin is being completed for each person. I sent you a PM as well just as a bit of an update. Yeah haha the wait is killing me as well but it’s been quite a few people in this situation it seems hopefully it starts getting finished up soon.

Yeah I did last week and actually know people have only gotten their offers this week so the offers are coming out as the admin is being completed for each person. I sent you a PM as well just as a bit of an update. Yeah haha the wait is killing me as well but it’s been quite a few people in this situation it seems hopefully it starts getting finished up soon.

I guess a benefit of the Cadet class starting so late is that you will have less time away from family and friends during phase 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

What about overseas options lads.? I'm RAF and I stress I am not a recruiter but sometimes Irish guys dont even realise they can join . It's a good career

BloodyBill wrote: »
    What about overseas options lads.? I'm RAF and I stress I am not a recruiter but sometimes Irish guys dont even realise they can join . It's a good career

There’s plenty of overseas options in the Defence Forces. Always found the RAF interesting though. My Grandad was in it back in the 60s up in Ballykelly. Not for me though

There’s plenty of overseas options in the Defence Forces. Always found the RAF interesting though. My Grandad was in it back in the 60s up in Ballykelly. Not for me though

The wait is getting crazy now smh

Here it’s DF all the way haha.

I might ring recruitment up on Monday to see what the craic is. The cadet class was starting this week last year

The Defence Forces better start induction as if they do not start doing that soon enough they won’t have anyone to train as the numbers are dropping

• Advertisement

I might ring recruitment up on Monday to see what the craic is. The cadet class was starting this week last year

I definitely would

The Defence Forces better start induction as if they do not start doing that soon enough they won’t have anyone to train as the numbers are dropping

Where did you hear numbers were dropping?

I definitely would

Have you rang them recently?

Have you rang them recently?

Yes didn’t get much info this time around though

I’m gonna try emailing them.

Emailed them asking when reserve panel offers would be out. At least then we would know when they expect the first round offers to be done.

Emailed them asking when reserve panel offers would be out. At least then we would know when they expect the first round offers to be done.

Yeah the thing is I don’t know if I’m a first round offer or not. I got the same email as other people who have ended up getting offers so that’s a good sign. I’m just worried if this gets delayed into training and they would have to rescind it. I know it’s like three weeks or something into training where they still take people and Navy starts earlier than army because they have two weeks at the naval base before heading to the Curragh. But if it’s true this many people are still being held up they might have to delay the start date

Yeah the thing is I don’t know if I’m a first round offer or not. I got the same email as other people who have ended up getting offers so that’s a good sign. I’m just worried if this gets delayed into training and they would have to rescind it. I know it’s like three weeks or something into training where they still take people and Navy starts earlier than army because they have two weeks at the naval base before heading to the Curragh. But if it’s true this many people are still being held up they might have to delay the start date

Do you know anyone who’s got an offer? I wonder if people who’ve got word have been given a start date yet.

It’s annoying not knowing what the craic is

Do you know anyone who’s got an offer? I wonder if people who’ve got word have been given a start date yet.

It’s annoying not knowing what the craic is

Yeah and there is a set start date but it could be delayed

• Advertisement

Yeah and there is a set start date but it could be delayed

What date did they say?

Advertisement