Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velvet couch...kids!

Options
  • 18-09-2019 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a velvet couch in their house with small kids? I'm considering it cause I love the look and the coziness but concerned it might be a disaster to keep clean? Anyone dared to do it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jaja321 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a velvet couch in their house with small kids? I'm considering it cause I love the look and the coziness but concerned it might be a disaster to keep clean? Anyone dared to do it?!
    How much is it.
    To be honest i have one ready to go into my new home and ive a 1 year old. It'll probably get destroyed but for a year it'll look spectacular and i can live with that.
    It cost 500 in tk maxx. Blush pink.
    Buy things you love

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

seannash wrote: »
    How much is it.
    To be honest i have one ready to go into my new home and ive a 1 year old. It'll probably get destroyed but for a year it'll look spectacular and i can live with that.
    It cost 500 in tk maxx. Blush pink.
    Buy things you love

Would love blush pink! It's 1k on sale. And can get it on 0% finance so wouldn't feel the pain! It's a good 3 seater size. Just love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jaja321 wrote: »
    Would love blush pink! It's 1k on sale. And can get it on 0% finance so wouldn't feel the pain! It's a good 3 seater size. Just love them.

Get it.
    Check out made.com for some good options too.

seannash wrote: »
    Get it.
    Check out made.com for some good options too.

Thanks. Love the encouragement!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Agree with buy what you love.
    But you can’t be precious about things.
    I don’t have kids and things just get marked by accident or general wear and tear.
    It may be destroyed by the time it’s paid off...

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Agree with buy what you love.
    But you can’t be precious about things.
    I don’t have kids and things just get marked by accident or general wear and tear.
    It may be destroyed by the time it’s paid off...

Yeah, I definitely hear you. I'm thinking,if I do get one, that I'll get a dark navy one. Might be a bit more forgiving. Also might look into any protective treatments/sprays for velvet. ..

I am also considering leather - but hard to get one that's stylish that doesn't cost an absolute fortune!

Advertisement