Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chartered Tax Adviser- Part 2

Options
  • 15-09-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear All,

I have recently passed the CAP2 examination and would be appearing FAE in 2020.

However as I work in Tax, I would need to do my CTA examinations as well after my FAE. I recently learnt that I will be eligible for Part 1 exemptions from my CAP2. Therefore, I had a chat with my employer if i can do both Part 2 and FAE in 2020, they let me do both but on the terms that I would not get any paid/unpaid leave before Part 2 nor would I be able to use my Annual leave before my exams. They would however grant me paid leave for the exam dates.

So my question is, can the Part 2 be passed with just weekend study and a few days in the week after work? I am also quite diligent and disciplined in terms of my study schedule. For the record I secured 76% in Tax in CAP2 and 66% overall (Nothing extraordinary).

Any help on this would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dear All,

I have recently passed the CAP2 examination and would be appearing FAE in 2020.

However as I work in Tax, I would need to do my CTA examinations as well after my FAE. I recently learnt that I will be eligible for Part 1 exemptions from my CAP2. Therefore, I had a chat with my employer if i can do both Part 2 and FAE in 2020, they let me do both but on the terms that I would not get any paid/unpaid leave before Part 2 nor would I be able to use my Annual leave before my exams. They would however grant me paid leave for the exam dates.

So my question is, can the Part 2 be passed with just weekend study and a few days in the week after work? I am also quite diligent and disciplined in terms of my study schedule. For the record I secured 76% in Tax in CAP2 and 66% overall (Nothing extraordinary).

Any help on this would be appreciated. :)

You want to do FAE and Part 2 of the Chartered Tax exam next year?

Honestly I think you'd be mad. There's more than enough work in FAE and your asking for trouble trying to add Part 2 to that work load without any additional study leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭MarioLuigi

I understand your thought process, however I would think the risk here of failing both together far exceeds the gain of having both qualifications 12 months earlier.

Advertisement