Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-09-2019, 22:14   #1
rosebush

Computer issues

In your school , who fixes computer/ network/ photocopier/ printer/ lap top / tablet issues?

I’m in a voluntary secondary school - computer maintenance and photocopier maintenance are contracted out to two different companies who are very rarely on site. This is so ineffective and everything is so slow to get fixed.

If I have an issue with logging in for example, I am expected to ring the company myself, on my mobile during my free class to sort it out.

If for example I needed a new bulb for a projector, I write it in a book and all going well the caretaker might fit a new one in two weeks time.

We regularly have 1 photocopier for a staff of 60 as the other is usually broken. Our new photocopier has been broken for 4 weeks.

It is so frustrating and difficult to carry out a basic task.
I am interested to see how this works in other schools ?
Advertisement
18-09-2019, 08:56   #2
TheValeyard

Some schools made it an 'A Post' or whatever you call it these days. Lot of work involved.
Thanks from:
19-09-2019, 10:49   #3
doc_17

bring It up at a staff meeting. Some one should be responsible for liaising with the 2 companies, definitely an AP1.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion