Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 03-09-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

I know I have posted on this before but its that time of year again!!
    Im thinking of putting my toe back in -again. I just want to hear from those who have a post or decided they were not worth it.
    Two questions-If you got one. Do you think its worth it? Money/stress etc
    If you didn't go for it- why not? What put you off?

I have gone once and been unsuccessful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I have a post, moved from AP11 to AP 1 about 18 months ago....didn’t notice much difference in my take home pay - think it was about 20-30 a month after tax...but I seriously notice the increase in work load...have so much to do that I find it difficult to get everything done for the actual teaching....would I take it again, NO, I would stay with AP11, but I will stick it out for a better pension. However it definitely depends on the post you get, for instance we have Year heads as posts and some are non stop busy, some less busy depending on the year group involved and how much troublesome students are in the group.

Advertisement