Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I can’t get a nice modern kitchen design

• 28-08-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design, we have a gorgeous open plan kitchen / living / snug area with vaulted ceilings and lots of natural light etc. My problem is I’m trying to get a nice modern kitchen design that’s a little different to your standard kitchen but no matter where I go I feel like they are all planning kitchens
    from the same book!
    I really want something a little different but can’t seem to get any ideas, and if I ask kitchen designers for something different they look at me like I have two heads and say “like what????”
    Does anyone know where I could go to get a kitchen designed? I don’t mind paying as long as it’s not for the same thing as everyone else has!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

We just got a joiner to do exactly what we wanted. Didn't use a kitchen designer.
    We did need to get as much information for the joiner in terms of the finish we wanted on our cabinets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

What sort of things are you looking for? Found the Houzz website/app great for ideas. Went with eco interiors (Santry in Dublin) for a Nobilia kitchen a few years ago and was very happy with the design.
    If you have a big budget look.at the higher end German ones like siematic, bulthaup etc... For something different.

With all house decorating I have found you have to push a lot of your own ideas if you want something different.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have you an idea what you're looking for? You might get a better response if you're able to describe what you'd like in a little more detail.

Links to something you've spotted on Houzz or pinterest maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I think you are a little confused but I think as you've said in the post that you are looking for a modern kitchen. Then, I would suggest you to convert your existing kitchen into the modern one by making some changes. However, again we don't know anything about the design of your existing kitchen that's why can only give some recommendations about the modern kitchen ideas.

First of all, you are looking for ultra-smart kitchen ideas for small family then you should consider this kind of simple kitchens:

zh74ekBjpLDqV8HN9e8iRo-1366-80.jpg

Honestly speaking, I personally like this kind of kitchen where both smart and light colour schemes is being mixed. Secondly, it is full of natural life that also leads energy saving.

I am also sharing some ideas here:

MGiDxKstSZB5PEyS477bZX-1366-80.jpg

designer-living-kitchens-central-coast-gold-brilliant-small-kitchen-ideas-gorgeous-design-room.jpeg

To explore more ideas about modern kitchen designs you can also visit Houzz. Similarly, if you have enough budget then you can also hire any kitchen design planner from Ikea or other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Newcastle Designs website have a wide variety of kitchen choices on their website.

Might be good to look for ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Look at Ikea catalogue for ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

What about this crowd? https://www.evokekitchens.ie/

German kitchens. Pricey.

Advertisement