Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once gone sale agreed/property price register

Options
  • 18-08-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Wondering once you are gone sale agreed, should the estate agent remove the property from the internet/most popular property websites? Or is literally when purchaser gets keys in hand?

Similarly, in all cases does the property purchase price appear online? Typically how long after property is sold.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Can either be removed on paying deposit or when contracts are signed. The logic being that the buyer has no obligation to complete purchase until contracts are signed so can pull out at any time.

It can take 6 months, sometimes longer for the property to appear on price register.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

In our case, the ad for the house we bought over a year ago is still online. The PPR was updated within three weeks of it being sold.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It will most likely remain on my home etc until completion and key hand over.
    Property price register will be updated a few weeks after, or it can take 3 months, depending on solicitor involved.

My neighbors took 3 months to appear on the PPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

kceire wrote: »
    It will most likely remain on my home etc until completion and key hand over.
    Property price register will be updated a few weeks after, or it can take 3 months, depending on solicitor involved.

My neighbors took 3 months to appear on the PPR.

Totally depends. Our seller had it taken down within a day of us paying the deposit.

There was never a for sale sign in the garden either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Sale agreed means the seller has accepted a bid on the house,
    in theory until the seller and buyer sign the contracts ,
    the house purchase may be stopped ./maybe if the buyer see,s another
    house they prefer .
    Agents like to leave the sign up,
    with sale agreed label,
    as it good publicity for them ,it may attract other customers to use the agency .
    After you sign the contract you may get a date to pick up the keys ,
    if you are buying a house.
    At some point they will remove the sign from the house .

• Advertisement
Advertisement