Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about becoming a solicitor

Options
  • 26-09-2018 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me the step by step process of becoming a solicitor in Ireland in terms of all the courses and exams I’ll have to do before I’m fully qualified. I’m hoping to study Law and French in UCC which I know is a 4 year degree, but I’ve seen people reference other exams and courses necessary outside of this. Can I work using my degree straight out of college?

I believe you’re required to do a two year apprenticeship as part of becoming a solicitor, and I was wondering if it’s possible to do that apprenticeship in the UK? Will I be able to use an Irish law degree over there if I move there or is there other steps I’ll have to take in order to do that?

Thanks a million!

Advertisement