Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Person. Help

Options
  • 25-12-2012 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

My mother is talking about a boy she used to know from when she was working in a correctional home/industrial school and even today it prays on her mind what happened to him. I am not looking for help in finding this person but more for a point in the right direction. Anywhere you can point us to or website or even anything we can use to follow up on which we can use to find living or dead people will be a great help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I assume you've googled them, preferably with an address or even a county of residence? Do a search on local papers eg carlow nationalist, wexford people or whatevers relevant. You might find a relative.

Ultimately, most people only end up in newspapers because theyre in court, or dead, so searching using printed records is only so useful. If you have a previous address or rough location, try phonebook or 11850. Even if you only got the persons third cousin, you might get a lead to find them?

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

I would suggest getting in contact with some of the support groups ie right of place , aisling centre , soca uk or Ireland , a quick google would give you more links and phone numbers etc ..

If your mother went back to the order who ran the school etc , I'm sure that she would find a favourable response from them if she wanted to leave a letter etc etc ..

She also could try Barnados , they run a service called origins , they might be able to help

Be prepared to get nowhere as a lot of people who went through schools etc moved away etc

Advertisement