Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-01-2009, 22:31   #61
DonnieL

Just want to thank you all for input and support. It looks like Poutbuttom and myself are novices compared to you. Your support is most welcome! Thanks again.
Advertisement
16-01-2009, 22:34   #62
Poutbutton

Thanks Naveah

That was some acheivment you have boosted my confidence in champix no end, I chose it because I did'nt think I'd do it with patches or gum, I tried patches before & one morning getting ready for work there lay the fresh patch on my dresser alongside my purse. I looked at both & rapidly made the decision to go to the shop & buy a pack of cigarettes. It was too easy for me to give up using the patches.
Well done you!
16-01-2009, 22:34   #63
DonnieL

It's great getting new input! It really helps!
16-01-2009, 22:35   #64

I cough less, breath better, have more energy, and haven't gotten sick once. So yeah, I guess you can say I feel great.
Thanks from:
16-01-2009, 22:37   #65
Poutbutton

Hi Donnie

How are you today? Yes it's great getting other peoples views it's so encouraging especially seeing as us Europeans dont get to join the Chantix website that comes as part of the prescription in the US. It must be really good.
By the way, Anyone who want to see videos of people who have quit using champix are on the site below:
here's the address:

www.chantix.com

Last edited by Poutbutton; 16-01-2009 at 22:50.
Advertisement
17-01-2009, 17:08   #66
DonnieL

Here I am in day 6 and still no overwhelming urges to smoke. Last night I had two separate dreams again that I was smoking. In one of the dreams I was inhaling like I was trying to make up for lost time. This woke me up with a "start"! I was so relieved when I realized it was just a dream. I'll be thinking about you on Monday. But from your posts I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. I think you're more adament about quicking that I was. Good Luck!
17-01-2009, 23:41   #67
Poutbutton

The dreams sound intense, I suppose it's due to letting go the habit of a lifetime. I'm getting nervous about Monday now, it's easy at the mo while still allowed to smoke. I noticed tonight after dinner in a restaurant I COULD have not smoked.......but I did......purely because I still can
Almost forgot to take my 2nd tab will go get it now.
You are almost 7 days smoke free can you believe it!!!
18-01-2009, 01:12   #68
DonnieL

I did the same thing the last few days I was smoking. I smoked every chance I'd get. Yes tomorrow is day 7. And the funny thing is I have'nt had any over whelming desire to light up! The only draw back is I'm constantly "nibbling" but they covered that on the support sight today.

Don't get never nervous. Just go with the flow..
Thanks from:
18-01-2009, 01:22   #69
Poutbutton

Day 6 on Campix

Hi there are you having a nice weekend? Yes, I'm nervous but also excited Waiting for Monday is like waiting for Christmas!
I just read over the entire thread & I cant believe all the positive posts I'm so happy I started this I never thought it would be as useful as it has been. I'm burning the midnight oil here, I was out all day with college this morning & dinner out all evening. So this is the only chance I've had to chill with the net. It's lie in day tomorrow Yay! How is the bronchitis?
Advertisement
18-01-2009, 03:31   #70
DonnieL

Hi! The Bronchitis is totally history. Still have a little cough but I think it's left over nicotine!

As I said earlier, you'll do fine! You want to get out from under that nicotine habit probably more that I did! Just be positive..
18-01-2009, 21:13   #71
Poutbutton

Day 7 on Champix

Ok this is it the last day I can smoke, I definitely smoked less today & when I did I found myself stubbing them out half way through. Still no extreme symptoms - no nausea - no vivid dreams, no balance difficulties. I have 10 cigarettes left in my pack there is no way I'm gonna smoke even half of those by midnight so I'm going to chop them up right before I go to bed, collect all my lighters & ashtrays & put them in a box (I'm Moving house soon) & hopefully wake knowing I am NOT going to smoke in the morning or ever again! Fingers crossed!
18-01-2009, 21:40   #72
DonnieL

Quit Date

The day before my quit date I smoked up storm whether I need a smoke or not! (stupid I know) Before I went to bed I took all my ashtrays and stored them in a cupboard in the garage and packaged up all the smokes 81/2 (packs) and put them in the back of the freezer. When I'm sure that I'm out of the woods I'll dispose of them. So far, on the most part I forget they're there. As I said before I still haven't had any STRONG desire to smoke.
I'm rooting for you! I know you can do it!
19-01-2009, 06:18   #73
DonnieL

Well, if I'm not mistaken you're about to start your first smoke free day! CONGRATULATIONS and my thoughts will be with you as I start my SECOND smoke free week. I know you can do it!! GOOD LUCK!
Thanks from:
19-01-2009, 19:05   #74
Poutbutton

1st Day Smoke free since 1993!

Last night I chopped up the last 12 or so cigarettes in my posession. I broke them at the middle & at the butt so that I could'nt wake this morning & have one! I did'nt sleep well, I could'nt manage to drop off & every tinme I did I woke with a start. I reckon it was anticipation of Quit Day looming. Well it's 7pm here & I have not touched a cigarette all day nor do I have any desire for one! Tummy is a little upset the past 3 days but nothing awful.
I did have 3 very strong feelings at different parts of the day when I felt I "should" be smoking, the first when I was in my office this morning, it went away fairly fast. The second when I finished lunch - again - it passed very quickly, the third, when I finished the day & was driving home but again I was'nt tempted to go the the shop & buy a pack I'm so happy with this, roll on tomorrow!
Good luck for your second week DonnieL & anyone else on the Champix programme.
Thanks from:
19-01-2009, 20:43   #75
DonnieL

GREAT!

Good for you! Keep it up. I just returned from my Doctor and had a physical. He was quite impressed when I told him how the Chantix was working.
Yes, I have a cousin who got her prescription but due to a lot of stress and long hours on the job she's not quite ready to start the program yet.
I got my prescription around mid-November. With Thanksgiving and Christmas rapidly approaching I decided to hold off and make it my New Years Resolution.. Keep up the good work!
I have emails every morning from Chantix with daily pointers and a phone call every evening to check to see if I've smoked. Pretty cool!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion