Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspector requested car insurance certificate

Options
  • 16-09-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know why they would request this?
    Also my father bought me my car and the car is completely in my name. He lives in England so will they ask him for proof he bought it? Working part time and always declare earnings. Very confused.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

roodl wrote: »

Maybe it's because they want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

roodl wrote: »
    Also my father bought me my car and the car is completely in my name. He lives in England so will they ask him for proof he bought it? Working part time and always declare earnings. Very confused.

They’re not going to ask your father for anything at all.
    If it’s quite a nice car then the inspector is interested in how someone came about such a nice car while working part time and claiming assistance to supplement their wages while searching for full time work.
    That’s pretty much what SW inspectors do.

Advertisement