Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice

• 12-09-2019 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi
    I am a mum to a 6 month old and just returned to work after maternity leave. I work part time and receive 300e per week. I live at home with my parents and my partner stays a couple of nights per week and gives me 30e a week maintenance. He is recently divorced and back living with his parents. Because of his messy divorce he is reluctant for us to move in together until all is sorted as he has kids with his ex. Am I entitled to any help from the social welfare? I'm struggling to pay childminder and pay the bills

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Random2016 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am a mum to a 6 month old and just returned to work after maternity leave. I work part time and receive 300e per week. I live at home with my parents and my partner stays a couple of nights per week and gives me 30e a week maintenance. He is recently divorced and back living with his parents. Because of his messy divorce he is reluctant for us to move in together until all is sorted as he has kids with his ex. Am I entitled to any help from the social welfare? I'm struggling to pay childminder and pay the bills

If you apply for OPFP then the SW inspector will call to see you at home to see who else is living there and to get a picture of your personal financial circumstances.
    The inspector will compile a report about his observations during this visit and will probably spend some time observing comings and goings from your home either side of the visit.
    He’ll then give his report to the deciding officer who will make a decision as to wether or not you are parenting alone.
    You can continue to be in a relationship with the father of your child but if the deciding officer comes to the conclusion that you are even co habiting part time then you won’t get OPFP.
    You are in a very difficult position to be honest and so is the father of your child.
    Does he co own the house he lived in with his wife?
    If you and he get to a place where he is ready to set up home with you then you will have problems getting help with the rent if he has “ interest” in a house.
    This will give you hardship in maintaining a household as he will be paying court ordered maintenance for his other children until they are all at least 18.
    You have lots to think about and there are no easy answers . Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Random2016

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you apply for OPFP then the SW inspector will call to see you at home to see who else is living there and to get a picture of your personal financial circumstances.
    The inspector will compile a report about his observations during this visit and will probably spend some time observing comings and goings from your home either side of the visit.
    He’ll then give his report to the deciding officer who will make a decision as to wether or not you are parenting alone.
    You can continue to be in a relationship with the father of your child but if the deciding officer comes to the conclusion that you are even co habiting part time then you won’t get OPFP.
    You are in a very difficult position to be honest and so is the father of your child.
    Does he co own the house he lived in with his wife?
    If you and he get to a place where he is ready to set up home with you then you will have problems getting help with the rent if he has “ interest” in a house.
    This will give you hardship in maintaining a household as he will be paying court ordered maintenance for his other children until they are all at least 18.
    You have lots to think about and there are no easy answers . Good luck.

Can one parent family allowance be claimed if u are still with your partner just not living together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Have you looked into applying for family income supplement? It's for people on low income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Random2016

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Have you looked into applying for family income supplement? It's for people on low income.

Hi thank u for ur answer. No I haven't looked into anything yet. I'm unsure what I should apply for any don't know where to go for help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Actually it's called working family payment now. The info is on welfare.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Random2016 wrote: »
    Can one parent family allowance be claimed if u are still with your partner just not living together?

Yes you can but as I said the inspector will investigate wether or not you are actually parenting alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

If you are working more than 19 hours a week or 38 hours a fortnight, you will qualify for working family payment.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/family_income_supplement.html

Also your income looks low enough to qualify for a medical card.

https://www2.hse.ie/services/medical-cards/medical-card-application-process/how-much-you-can-earn-and-still-qualify-for-a-medical-card.html

f you are on wfp and have a medical card you will qualify for a band a subsidy from CCSP which you can use in most creches

https://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=4867&ad=1

I would also suggest you set up a mygovid if you haven't already as there is a new childcare scheme open for applications from next month which will use last year's income to calculate the rate of subsidy available, maybe it would be more beneficial to you?.

https://ncs.gov.ie/

Advertisement