Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from Tús to back to education allowance?

Options
  • 05-09-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm doing the Tús scheme since May but I have been accepted on to a course. Would I be able to transfer to the back to education allowance from Tús? I know the Tús isn't one of the qualifying payments but it says that it can be counted towards the qualifying period.
    N.B. I was receiving jobseekers allowance until I started the Tús scheme in May so it is less than six months since I was receiving jobseekers allowance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Jp1506 wrote: »
    I'm doing the Tús scheme since May but I have been accepted on to a course. Would I be able to transfer to the back to education allowance from Tús? I know the Tús isn't one of the qualifying payments but it says that it can be counted towards the qualifying period.
    N.B. I was receiving jobseekers allowance until I started the Tús scheme in May so it is less than six months since I was receiving jobseekers allowance.

You’d have to be back on JSA before the course begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dart1980

In the exact same situation myself, Must sign back on next week, but will not qualify for BTEA as i have a higher qualification than the one i want to do now from years ago, but have an F103 form from the etb that i need to get filled out after i sign back on and they will take over my payment hopefully, but a bit fearful that i mite not get any payment with that either due to the same higher qualification, will see monday what the full story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Jp1506

dart1980 wrote: »
    In the exact same situation myself, Must sign back on next week, but will not qualify for BTEA as i have a higher qualification than the one i want to do now from years ago, but have an F103 form from the etb that i need to get filled out after i sign back on and they will take over my payment hopefully, but a bit fearful that i mite not get any payment with that either due to the same higher qualification, will see monday what the full story is.
    If it's not one thing it's another. Always seem to fall through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cactusmania

dart1980 wrote: »

I've done a few ETB courses in the past, same form F103, and never had any trouble. I did a level 6 previously. ETB pays you on these courses, it seems you can do any number of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dart1980

Just been informed now since the course started on sept 9th which i have attended, that since i was not on JSA the week before i wont qualify for any payment, i was on a TUS scheme at the time of application and only got confirmation of my place on the course 3rd of Sept after an interview the previous week, my TUS supervisor had been off the week when this happened and i didnt know what was the procedure with moving from tus payment to fe103 etb forms and all that, so things are a bit up in the air at the moment, but hopefully something can still be sorted out, might not be meant to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement