Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shelly Dimmer and Dimmer SL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

From what i've seen so far, it works with the up down click button dimmers, but not with the roller wheel style switches...

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Do any work with a standard rotary type dimmer switch? I wouldn't think they could (elegantly).
    For example if you rotate a dimmer fully high and then dim the lights by an app you have no way to manually turn the light high (....unless you first turn the switch all the way low and then it allows you to go high again. Not ideal but someone could probably make it work). I'm guessing if you were looking for a rotary dimmer you'd need something that supports a rotary encoder or something like that to decode the direction of rotation and not have an end stop. Most likely it's just easier to change your switch face plate to support an up/down momentary switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

fran426ft wrote: »
    Do any work with a standard rotary type dimmer switch? I wouldn't think they could (elegantly).
    For example if you rotate a dimmer fully high and then dim the lights by an app you have no way to manually turn the light high (....unless you first turn the switch all the way low and then it allows you to go high again. Not ideal but someone could probably make it work). I'm guessing if you were looking for a rotary dimmer you'd need something that supports a rotary encoder or something like that to decode the direction of rotation and not have an end stop. Most likely it's just easier to change your switch face plate to support an up/down momentary switch.

You are indeed correct, or perhaps, a rotation switch with no start stop limits may function.

But yes, replace the switch maybe the best option, not sure how i'll sell that one however ! but we'll see.

Good value at 20 euro however.

Advertisement