Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear TWD | Season 5 | Episode Discussion

Options
  • 23-06-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there is such little interaction in the weekly episode threads I don't think we need a new thread each week?

So we can have a combined thread here for all Season 5 episodes!

This weeks new episode;

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 5

Episode 4 - "Skidmark"

Airdate - June 23rd on AMC at 9/8c | June 24th on AMC UK at 2AM/9PM

Charlie makes a new friend; Strand's rescue mission hits a snag.

Preview

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hmm... The helicopter from the main show has made an appearance in episode 4, has the same symbol on the side as the one in the letter from Dwight's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This weeks episode;

Fear The Walking Dead Season 5

Episode 5 - The End Of Everything

Althea chases a story with dogged determination, putting the mission, and her life in danger.

Promo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Althea chases a story with dogged determination, putting the mission, and her life in danger.

Should we expect elements of extreme peril?

Giving the show one more episode then I'm out and I love zombie stuff, it's viewing figures are crashing a bit at the mo as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ep 5 teasing the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Althea must be the most psychotic person in the walking dead universe. She spends most of the episode beimg stubborn nearly getting herself killed and her obsession with her interview tapes is not interesting anymore. Very little information provided on the helicopter organisation either.

• Advertisement

There would be no point in giving too much information away on a new story plot that has links to the main show and upcoming movies with Rick.

Episode 6 - The Little Prince

Luciana and the group face the enormity of their task with determination.

si now they are trying to fix a plane with spare parts after not even being able to fly a perfectly good plane. I really am sad about how stupid fear the walking dead has become.

si now they are trying to fix a plane with spare parts after not even being able to fly a perfectly good plane. I really am sad about how stupid fear the walking dead has become.

On hols so haven't seen this weeks episode, so this is now becoming stupid is as stupid does?

It feels like a parody of a zombie show now. I miss the serious episodes they had in mexico.

• Advertisement

So now we are into Looney Tunes territory with the story

Should just kill everyone off and be a show about the kids because all the adults are stupid
    When they're trying to convince the kids to go on the plane and the leader says they've already crashed it once I loled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I stopped watching a few episodes ago. It is clearly a show that has no way back

Episode 7 - Still Standing

Promo

oh that annie is so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The selective radiation storyline is so redic... I mean surely it's common sense it would affect the area and not just certain Walkers.

And don't get me started on how a gang of complete novices managed to build an effing plane.

Still watching tho coz I have to see it through!

Fear the Walking Dead Season 5 returns Sunday, August 11 at 9/8c on AMC

Season 5b trailer;

The rest of the season summed up in a 3 min video - please kill of Morgan!

Episode 9 plummets to a new low, tho there were some good zombie kills

Fear the Walking Dead;

5x09 - Channel 4

TV Airdate - 11/08/2019
    (released on AMC Premiere on 09/08/2019)
    To encourage more survivors to reach out, Al, Luciana and Charlie document Morgan and the gang on a dangerous mission to help a reclusive survivor

• Advertisement

Episodes shot on video camera just look so cheap. The show runners just seem to be running out of ideas at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Recliner

Did I miss where they got the oil from the other group? Wasn't that the mid season finale a few weeks ago? The guy with the baseball cap turned up after the plane landed and tried to make a deal with them.
    I thought e09 was the first episode back.

The oil was a throwaway flashback

A half decent episode but by god I wish they would kill Morgan off - the most annoying character and how many more times can he escape from the clutches of death

Looking at the figures for the show
    Season 4 started at 4 million viewers, 2 million left at the end
    Season 5 started at 2 million and looking set to be 1 million by the end of the season

TWD lost viewers by the end of the last season but nothing in comparison to FTWD

Yet renewed for a sixth season, the sceptic in me thinks they are bringing in another show to replace it but want it running til the other show is up and running

Recliner wrote: »
    Did I miss where they got the oil from the other group? Wasn't that the mid season finale a few weeks ago? The guy with the baseball cap turned up after the plane landed and tried to make a deal with them.
    I thought e09 was the first episode back.
    it was a bit confusing, Logan suggested that that the location or contact details for the oil refiners would be in his old partners notebooks, so they must have got the info they needed.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Looking at the figures for the show
    Season 4 started at 4 million viewers, 2 million left at the end
    Season 5 started at 2 million and looking set to be 1 million by the end of the season

TWD lost viewers by the end of the last season but nothing in comparison to FTWD

Yet renewed for a sixth season, the sceptic in me thinks they are bringing in another show to replace it but want it running til the other show is up and running

One of the most interesting and entertaining aspects of zombie apocalypse movies/series is the initial virus outbreak and breakdown of society. FTWD was promised to deal with this more in TWD world. However they flew past that period (without explaining much) pretty quickly and it soon just became a watered down version of the main show.

The new series looks like it will follow the same formula but we'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Zombies in a shopping mall, now that's a new concept.

Also have to laugh at the idea that a number of years after the zombie apocalypse the burglar alarm in one of the shops still manages to go off when one of them touches the shutter.

The Morgan disease is spreading. Now both Alicia and Logan (the supposed bad guy) can't kill anyone. It's just baffling.

• Advertisement

Another Morgan moment where he ends up seconds away from death and still survives - all this preachy help others, forgive everyone crap is really riling now.
    Hope they kill everyone off at the end of the season or at least Morgan, not one of them is endearing
    Last episode was getting panned on Twitter

Advertisement