Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hoaxesssss innnnn Spaaaaaace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

bfa1509 wrote: »
    The rehashed space suits are depressurised and have hinges. The first spacesuits (i.e. during the "moonlandings") were at 1atm and had no hinges, shells, or anything else to maintain the flexibility during the space walk.

Even at 4.3 psi, this would be the equivalent of 296Kg of mass resting on 1 m^2 of fabric

What's incorrect about it?

You're right, most materials can go to MPa or even GPa before failure but 101kPa on a material is a stress that is far beyond that which humans can manipulate further

The nature of the material is irrelevant. 101Kpa is the same when it's on latex, kevlar or steel. The material still has to resist it, and there is no way it can remain flexible under this pressure. When you move you cause a volume change in the suit, which means compressing the air inside even further. No human could compress anything that has 101Kpa already inside it.
    So how can people open soda cans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It was during a test of the radar \ aerial defence system.
    These reports seem to have started coming in since that new system was activated by the US military. All credit to the system, but I'd be very surprised if it's such an upgrade it can now pickup previously undetected advanced alien spacecraft.
    So, they are UFOs.
    It's waaay too early to say to say they are UFOs of alien origin.

The objects were tracked by multiple US warships. Nimitz battlegroup has many ships. Every radar picked them up. One operator in radio interview said during a radio show, they even shut down the radar to see if there was a problem, after a reboot objects were still on screen. It was not just a radar sighting, planes took off from the carrier to engage the targets and objects were spotted eyes on by multiple pilots, some of have already come forward and have briefed congress members. The object had no sign of propulsion, no exhaust nothing. It was just a big silver object with no propulsion doing incredible speeds in the sky. The pilots were flying modern advanced aircraft and not could keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

You havent' presented a single scientific article supporting your arguments.

The default position is backed up by 100s of peer reviewed studies including the experiment itself.

Your position is backed up by YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

OP - I have no engineering background and would probably be supportive of your stance if the yanks only landed once. That would have won them the space race. It makes no sense to fake it 6 times....

That aside you do need to address overhwelming evidence, like photographic evidence of the moon landings from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - here, images of all the Apollo craft and even images of the tracks left behind from the lunar exploration vehicle that they had:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/gallery/apollo-11-lander-spotted-by-lunar-satellite/

How did they get there?

Muppets man

PS masterful trolling though... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

The Nal wrote: »
    Something to do with beating the Soviets, beating communism, not being shown up by the Soviets

And yet, when the Americans faked the moon landings, the Soviets, with international prestige at stake, said...nothing, even though they had already sussed out that getting to the moon was impossible.

• Advertisement

storker wrote: »
    Sanitation engineer is my guess.

Someone that takes the piss?

Yip, that tracks.

Still waiting for moon retro reflectors do be "debunked" OP.

Kindof a trump card unless you can rebuff (funnily enough the exact reason they put them (note plural) there)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Love this video.
    "An amazing documentary on the Apollo navigation system and on-board computer."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ1O0XR_cA0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Along with all his other off the wall posts, the OP also stated that NASA admitted that humans have never flown beyond low Earth orbit or past the Van Allen belts. I would love to see evidence of this claim but I would hazard a guess that none will be forthcoming from the OP.

Along with all his other off the wall posts, the OP also stated that NASA admitted that humans have never flown beyond the Van Allen belts. I would love to see evidence of this claim but I suspect that none will be forthcoming from the OP.

He has gone quiet, so he might have been banned from all social media for not tidying his bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Posted this before

Excellent little piece, basically they didn't have the technology to fake it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Overheal wrote: »
    Ok... what is your engineering background? Super curious now.

He's standing in front of a mural of a suspension bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So 7 pages in and still no near what cereal box the OP got his qualifications in after sending off the tokens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I already said that the ISS crossing overhead could be anything, a satellite, a plane, a balloon. And with regard the retroreflectors, the only evidence you have is based on hearsay.

What engineering background did you say you have? I've seen the iss with my dad's cheap bicolours. Have you tried to look at what's up there? Do you think it looks like a balloon?

Date: Sat Jul 27, 10:40 PM
    Visible: 6 min
    Max Height: 52°
    Appears: 10° above W
    Disappears: 11° above ESE

You've a week to find even the most basic scope or binoculars. First hand knowledge is always the best knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Ok... what is your engineering background? Super curious now.

The old maths skills getting a little rusty? Too afraid to engage?

Tell me where the errors are.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So you were lying when you said you had an engineering background.

Gosh its lookimg bad for the conspiracy theory.

King Mob wrote: »
    So you were lying when you said you had an engineering background.

In fairness he never claimed to be a GOOD engineer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You are avoiding most questions and points here.

You are essentially maintaining that the history of manned space flight is a hoax, which begs the following.. (and keeping it very simple)

A) If the ISS doesn't exist (!), 1. Explain the continuous live feed, 2 Explain the fact that it can be viewed with binoculars and telescopes, every time, consistently, if that's not the ISS, what is it, with evidence

B) If the manned lunar landings never happened 1. Explain how each were faked, with evidence

C) How have millions of people (scientists, astronomers, astronauts, crew, researchers, 400,000 involved in the US space program, the Russian space programs, international space programs) all kept it a "secret", how has there been not one single leak?

D) Why? What is the motive that the US/Russia/every nation worked together to create a gargantuan lie?

or

E) You simply can't wrap your head around it, so rather than accept that, you've decided that millions of experts are wrong and have created this immense hoax

You would rather entertain that the entirety space flight and human beings in space is fake than admit you can't understand it. The narcissism and delusion in that type of thinking is absolutely staggering (or we are being trolled)

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    (or we are being trolled)

I think you're into something

• Registered Users Posts: 81,640 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh I have the math right here. But before sharing it we have to acknowledge the pretenses under which you started this conversation: starting with that you have a background in engineering. What is that background?

• Advertisement

^^^ school time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Here's a video of Space Shuttle Discovery launching from KSC in 2009, recorded with my own camera and viewed with my own eyeballs. It launched, docked with the ISS, had the craic, and came home again.

Disclaimer.....this most definitely happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Hmm. Very Kubrickesque!

skerry wrote: »
    Here's a video of Space Shuttle Discovery launching from KSC in 2009, recorded with my own camera and viewed with my own eyeballs. It launched, docked with the ISS, had the craic, and came home again.

Disclaimer.....this most definitely happened.

You're just one of the Illuminati. Away with your lies!

Ipso wrote: »
    Hmm. Very Kubrickesque!

Especially the handcam technique used by more edgy directors like Kubrick.

Unfortunately it's clearly fake.

You can see the stars in the background from 1:20 onwards don't move like the "space shuttle".

We know it's a fake because Kubrick would be far too professional for there to be two specs of dust on the lens.

Before can explodes: If there is 250 kPa of pressure inside the can and 1atm (101kPa) outside, this would be the equivalent of 149kPa or 149,000 Newtons/square meter of pressure acting on the internal wall of the can. Lets say a space suit has 1atm pressure inside and is in space, and for arguments sake has an internal surface area of 1 square metre. This means that there is 101,000 Newtons of pressure force acting on the wall of the space suit. Lets say you took 1 metre squared of the space suit fabric, asked two men to hold the corners, then exert 101,000 N of force on the material. This would be the equivalent of the men holding 1.01 tonnes of weight between them. Imagine the stretch that would cause on the material? No matter how strong or flexible it is, it would be impossible for a man to stretch it further in order to move.
    Oh I have the math right here.

If you had it, you would have posted it. Next.

I challenge anyone to take the mathematical example I gave above and point out the errors. Anyone with a masters qualification? Maybe a Phd? Any NASA engineers out there? (Because I can assure you, this problem has plagued them before. Which is why they had to add an outer shell and hinges to the new revision and a depressurisation step)

I'll be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

If you had it, you would have posted it. Next.

I challenge anyone to take the mathematical example I gave above and point out the errors. Anyone with a masters qualification? Maybe a Phd? Any NASA engineers out there? (Because I can assure you, this problem has plagued them before. Which is why they had to add an outer shell and hinges to the new revision and a depressurisation step)

I'll be waiting.

I have a PhD and have worked for NASA, but I'm not an engineer so not gonna attempt to debate on the above as you seem to have the blinkers on either way.

I'm genuinely not clear on what your argument is anymore though. Are you saying that because you can't get your head around the science behind the space suits that the space program doesn't exist as a whole, or that the moon landings never happened, or what??

Which is why they had to add an outer shell and hinges to the new revision and a depressurisation step)

Sorry, why would they need to do this if they can't go to space. You know the Van Allen belt :rolleyes::pac:

Especially the handcam technique used by more edgy directors like Kubrick.

Unfortunately it's clearly fake.

You can see the stars in the background from 1:20 onwards don't move like the "space shuttle".

We know it's a fake because Kubrick would be far too professional for there to be two specs of dust on the lens.

Go into your street and see how many stars you can see.then take a photo of the sky and see how many stars you see!

Basic, basic photography

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    I have a PhD and have worked for NASA, but I'm not an engineer so not gonna attempt to debate on the above as you seem to have the blinkers on either way.

I'm genuinely not clear on what your argument is anymore though. Are you saying that because you can't get your head around the science behind the space suits that the space program doesn't exist as a whole, or that the moon landings never happened, or what??

I'm not claiming there is no space program, there definitely is. I do believe that thousands of research projects have been carried out in the name of space travel. And I think the world has benefited greatly from the program (and has suffered greatly too as it has also contributed to advances in weaponry)

But I don't believe we are anywhere near close enough to solving the greatest problems of space travel (yet). JFK made a promise America couldn't keep. That's where the deception started. We were made to believe in the 60s that we were many decades ahead of where we actually were/are

What stage we are at right now, I really am not sure. There are definitely satellites very high up, maybe at 400km and further. I certainly don't believe there is a manned satellite 400km above the earth's surface in zero gravity.

Advertisement