Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offering home for short-term let

Options
  • 16-10-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hello, I'm going travelling for an extended period and I'm thinking about renting out my home.

I've had a look around, and there's companies that offer executive short-term lets in Dublin. Im just wondering if anyone has any experience of those companies?

Do they sub let or do they own their own properties? Could I let to them in order for them to sublet my home?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Google 'executive short term rentals dublin' and you'll get a list of companies who are active in the market space you're interested in letting into.
    Typically- they visit your property and give you an idea of an executive kitout that they require- you sign the property over to them once they are satisfied that its got a top-notch executive kitout, and they manage letting it out, the tenancies and every aspect of managing the property for you.
    In Dublin the lions share of executive lets- are either D4 or IFSC units- there tends to be little demand for short term executive lets elsewhere (aka- the executive market is very tightly focused on a few set areas).

Typically you'll be looking at units with concierge attention, wetrooms/saunas, extremely high spec furniture fixtures and fittings- and even for central apartments, they tend to want car parking spaces (regardless of the fact that they might never use them).

An executive letting is quite unlike letting to a regular tenant- setup costs can be eye watering- but the possible rental yield can more than compensate.

Do not assume that because you consider your apartment to be brand new and high end- that it would be considered to be 'executive grade' accommodation- or else you're most probably going to be bitterly disappointed.

Google is your friend on this one- but there are a number of companies operating in this precise space in Dublin- and typically they manage absolutely everything (once you've taken charge of their setup list- which can be quite extensive).

Advertisement