Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing list query

Options
  • 16-10-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I am currently on the Limerick housing list 5 years and my partnerand I are due our son in December. We already have an 5 year old daughter and I was just wondering has anyone any idea if they would consider us for a 3 bedroom house before our son is born or are we not entitled to one until after he arrives? We are in a small apartment at the moment so the thoughts of 4 of us living there is daunting and I would love to realistically get a house before I give birth, but am not familiar with how the council assess the circumstances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

are we not entitled to one

No more so than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Normal policy is not until after the birth: until then you son is an imminent person, not an actual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 green_rim

We figured it would be too awkward having a second child while living in our home to, in the end we figured our best option was not having a second ****ing kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

After your new baby is born you will need to register him and then add him to your housing application ,they will transfer you on to the 3 bed list ,
    You still could be waiting another 5 years , councils won't be in a rush just because you have a boy and girl

Advertisement