Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor recommendations Navan

Options
  • 27-05-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi there,

My partner and I are first time buyers and have just gone sale agreed on a house in Navan. We're looking for recommendations for conveyancing solicitors in the area. I did search the forum but the most recent results are a few years old. If anyone has any recommendations they'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kccamper

Teacher23 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My partner and I are first time buyers and have just gone sale agreed on a house in Navan. We're looking for recommendations for conveyancing solicitors in the area. I did search the forum but the most recent results are a few years old. If anyone has any recommendations they'd be much appreciated.

<SNIP>. Very efficient and easy to work with. He came highly recommended to us and do not regret using him. Best of luck with the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

<SNIP>. Not too sure if they have a branch in Navan however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thepropertyguy

Teacher23 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hi Teacher

It can very difficult to choose the right solicitor for your house purchase so it pays to do your research. I would offer one little tip, did you know that you don't need a local solicitor to do your purchase. Any property solicitor in any part of Ireland can do it for you as almost everything is done via post and email. Often it can be prudent to get a solicitor from outside the locality to do the legal work as they will have little or no previous knowledge of the area and will then conduct a very thorough investigation. Even contract signing and can be done via post. A common myth is that the client needs to visit their solicitor's office regularly when buying a house when in fact they may never need to meet them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Hi Teacher

It can very difficult to choose the right solicitor for your house purchase so it pays to do your research. I would offer one little tip, did you know that you don't need a local solicitor to do your purchase. Any property solicitor in any part of Ireland can do it for you as almost everything is done via post and email. Often it can be prudent to get a solicitor from outside the locality to do the legal work as they will have little or no previous knowledge of the area and will then conduct a very thorough investigation. Even contract signing and can be done via post. A common myth is that the client needs to visit their solicitor's office regularly when buying a house when in fact they may never need to meet them at all!

I agree with this. Only takes one trip to sign contracts and loan offer. Our solicitor was local in Cork but had two friends in Dublin who used the firm. Recommendations are key. Ask around friends and family and do try speak to potential solicitors on phone. I knew our solicitor was the one as she spend 20 minutes talking through the process and the steps and emailed a breakdown of fees and outlay so knew the exact amount when quoted. I’ve said before the firm wasn’t the cheapest but you do get what you pay for sometimes.

Advertisement