Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why would previous owner do this?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I know I will be hunt down soon by antibuing army here
    I can't see them hunting you if you go for the sub 100k, to be fair.

Some of the sub 100k places you see go would be sold for upwards of 200k in Dublin, and people will think it's a bargain because a) it was €550,000 (slight exaggeration) during the boom b) it's in X area.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Hehe m8, but I think I might be not as lucky as I thought. EA said he will call me back today and say if the other side is happy. I offered a full asking price so I don't see why there is a problem... Still no sign of him.

If I'll get all sorted I'll post or pm a few pics of it. It's not a mansion, but with some tidying it will make a great home for us ;).

2 things. 1) Tell auctioneer you've found something else for less and are under pressure to bid on it if interested. Give no details but say that while you prefer the house he's selling, this other house is the next best thing and you don't want to lose out on both. 2) Careful with disclosing details of property as you don't own it till at least a deposit is paid to auctioneer but really till contracts are signed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MrThrifty wrote: »
    2 things. 1) Tell auctioneer you've found something else for less and are under pressure to bid on it if interested. Give no details but say that while you prefer the house he's selling, this other house is the next best thing and you don't want to lose out on both. 2) Careful with disclosing details of property as you don't own it till at least a deposit is paid to auctioneer but really till contracts are signed...

Cheers m8. We are sort of upset, but we wait till Monday. Then we just walk away if will try something. He was really good EA and I am shocked this is happening, I might Be just too bitchy now, but I expected a bit more attention then that after I said: I am buying this for full price...

W still got 2.5 months to find property, and our savings only growing not going down, so I don't see bank refusing us In reapplying if we wont find something good in this time. We still tried only 1 auctioneer. We like that property, but if bid will g more then we want to pay we will walk away too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭up4it

I think some of these EAs will soon be out of business with their lacksadaisical/incompetent approach to selling houses in the current market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

up4it wrote: »
    I think some of these EAs will soon be out of business with their lacksadaisical/incompetent approach to selling houses in the current market!
    As some may be taxed as "self-employed", I can see those having no choice but to stay in the business...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

There is not much more room left to go down on 50-80k properties.
    Just because it's fallen by 50% doesn't mean it can't fall by another 50%.

50% of a €50k property is €25k, I'm happy for you that you're doing so well that that is an insignificant amount of money for you.

Just because it's fallen by 50% doesn't mean it can't fall by another 50%.

50% of a €50k property is €25k, I'm happy for you that you're doing so well that that is an insignificant amount of money for you.

Rright if you expect a liveable house to cost 25k then you can join the deluded thread m8. They are there for different reasons, but you ca really fit in there.

P.s I am looking for a home, not investment.

Rright if you expect a liveable house to cost 100k then you can join the deluded thread m8.
    Fixed that for you.

Also the fact that you're looking for a home not an investment makes no difference -- you still don't want to pay over the odds. A loaf of bread is not an investment, but you'd still be pretty stupid to pay €100 for one.

Fixed that for you.

Also the fact that you're looking for a home not an investment makes no difference -- you still don't want to pay over the odds. A loaf of bread is not an investment, but you'd still be pretty stupid to pay €100 for one.

You want to tell me: 3/4 bed house in nice estate, in a small town that is not I'm the middle of nowhere, that you can move in tomorrow will cost less then brand mew ford focus.

Damn you are good m8.

• Advertisement

You want to tell me: 3/4 bed house in nice estate, in a small town that is not I'm the middle of nowhere, that you can move in tomorrow will cost less then brand mew ford focus.

Damn you are good m8.
    A Ford Focus? Try a house for the price of a liter of milk. Turns out high unemployment, depopulation, property taxation and mass foreclosures make many properties essentially worthless. It's just lucky we have none of those things happening or imminent in this country!

A Ford Focus? Try a house for the price of a liter of milk. Turns out high unemployment, depopulation, property taxation and mass foreclosures make many properties essentially worthless. It's just lucky we have none of those things happening or imminent in this country!

Are you serious? I knew you will drop a link of Detroit, without even looking at it. Will just stop here m8. It's useless to continue this dabate and taking it so off topic.

I wish you best of look m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭up4it

Not_Even_Wrong: That is a good link you put up about the Detroit property price crash. I recommend people to read it so here it is again...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/mar/02/detroit-homes-mortgage-foreclosures-80

Advertisement