Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a Pinball Machine

• 07-04-2013 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So I have been searching for a pinball machine for what seems like an eternity. It seems they are non existent in Ireland.....or are they. Does anybody have a lead on anyone selling a table or even has one for sale? any info would be greatly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

I was looking out of curiosity also.
    doubt I'll get one anytime soon tho.
    Theres one on done deal seems but I'd like something more modern.
    if your going to get one might as well get a proper one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

They do pop up from time to time. I've a Williams Whirlwind myself.
    keep an eye on the usual spots, donedeal.ie, adverts.ie.
    The UK is another option, also check out http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/
    Be prepared for alot of maintenance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If your looking for a new one, STERN Pinball still make them but be ready to pay €5k+ for a new one.

Secondhand ones can be got, but for a mint unit expect to pay €1000 upwards for a semi-modern one in good condition.

The other option is a virtual pinball table, I kid you not! Search YouTube for 'HyperPin cabinet'.

Update: Nice post here about someone building a HyperPin cab/table

Bargains are out there, I once refused a taxi and Peter Pan for €200 for both as I'd no space.
    While trying to get back in contact with the seller(2 years later) I came across the whirlwind with another seller, I paid €250, now it was rough and sold as seen so was a risk but it paid off. Still haven't been able to contact the original guy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

There's one at the eastwall carboot place. Not in the best of shape though. Think he was looking for 100€

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    There's one at the eastwall carboot place. Not in the best of shape though. Think he was looking for 100€

no way,
    what was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ah another Zaccaria
    similar to the one on donedeal,
    That company closed in the 70's/80's I think.
    Probably hard if not impossible to get parts.

I'd say its basic enough too but I know sfa about pins

Harsh reviews over on the IPDB

This is one of the worst pinballs of all time in my opinion. The artwork and audio is pathetic. Its an early 80s game, but machines 20 years older are far more to look at, and challenging to play. The gameplay is slow, but fairly logic. The second playfield on top of the main one, is of glass, and the concept of scoring goals using a single flipper is the best part of the game. The voice that tell you what you should try to do, is the worst electronic voice I have ever heard.
    In this game I do believe the manufaturer and game designer are no players themselves. If you consider to buy one one of these, at least give it a try first. A couple of credits and I want to leave the room. Better of with no pinball machine than this failure!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=2235

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Id say if you're going for one get a stern or bally. Seem to be the most ammount of parts around for them

New pinball company aswell making tables that look the job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dKiPJI_BHOw

• Advertisement

The WWF one on adverts looks cool,
    I see he didnt entertain your offer Jack!

I see he did not!

haha I could love that machine. I do love me some vintage wrestling stuff....speaking of which, this is a little off topic but I snagged me one of these the other day...any wrestling fans of old will appreciate it

http://electriczombie.merchnow.com/products/157086

nice,
    never seen that site,
    I want stuff off it now

yeah EZ has some cool stuff. Shipping is a killer though....then tax when it arrives!

Luckily my GFs brother goes to college in America and he always treats me to whatever I want then sends it onto me as a gift....which is what it is....a gift for me....from him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just seen this on Gumtree.. now it could be a stupid small thing.. but you never know!

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-audio-music-hi-fi-in-dublin/free-pinball-machine-467396122

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just seen this on Gumtree.. now it could be a stupid small thing.. but you never know!

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-audio-music-hi-fi-in-dublin/free-pinball-machine-467396122

Ha ha
    I seen that the other day.I text for the laugh but got no reply
    has to be a toy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

22nd of March. I'd say that's long gone! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha id love to know what it was though..

Master of the Universe

Could be this

Spiderman+Pinball+Table.JPG

Or this!

122176_L.jpg

the latter I'd bet,
    nice mame cab to the left of that pin.........

• Advertisement

There was a popeye pinball a while back for reasonable money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

There was a popeye pinball a while back for reasonable money

Where?

Adverts and done deal, the dmd wasn't working on it, I'll try find a link to the seller later

Might be worth contacting the Sold/withdrawn ads such as
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-toys-games/pinball-and-arcade-machine/2226656

http://www.adverts.ie/games/williams-pinball-machine-jokerz/272630

http://www.adverts.ie/crazy-random-stuff/pinball/137740

Heres the Popeye, looked like an awesome machine for €250
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/popeye-pinball-machine/1657273

Once your not getting into replacing boards pinballs are relatively cheap to repair and maintain, just be prepared to spend a lot of time cleaning, waxing, etc. Most parts are available either as Repo or NOS

I would like to pick up a pinball for 200-300 and have a bit of a project to work on!

they are rare to come accross though! Huge community for repairing/restoring and even madding machines so parts and info are easily available

What about visual pinball?

any one every tried it?

urbanledge wrote: »
    What about visual pinball?

any one every tried it?

From my previous post
    KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Update: Nice post here about someone building a HyperPin cab/table

After owning a pinball machine I don't think virtual pin would ever cut it for me, even with the best available parts.
    Nothing beats the sounds off the solenoids and metal parts clanking around its ****ing awesome :D

• Advertisement

Yeah the hyperpin is really well done but I'd say with pinball the original hardware is impossible to beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

After owning a pinball machine I don't think virtual pin would ever cut it for me, even with the best available parts.
    Nothing beats the sounds off the solenoids and metal parts clanking around its ****ing awesome :D

Have to agree there. Some of those Hyperpin setups are seriously sweet, but pinball is just one of those things that doesn't translate well to emulation imo.

I think the real attraction to a hyperpin setup is the number of tables you can play with a limited space in your house/flat (apartment). We have a Stern X-Men table here in work and it gets real boring real quick if your like me :)

You have an X-Men in work! **** im working in the wrong place!

Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I think the real attraction to a hyperpin setup is the number of tables you can play with a limited space in your house/flat (apartment). We have a Stern X-Men table here in work and it gets real boring real quick if your like me :)

I would end up suffering from the usual spoiled for choice issues I have with MAME and probably not use any of them! :eek:

Can't beat a good dedicated machine. Be it a cab or a pin. It's a commitment :)

• Advertisement

Shame they didnt get pusshead to do all the art on that.

Had a bit of time last night/today so decided to mess about with visual pinaball software.
    I have to say I'm impressed!
    obviously its not the real deal but its not bad.
    After messing around at my desk I made this setup on my coffee table.
    37" and 27"

2013-04-13%252015.22.08.jpg

2013-04-13%252015.58.41.jpg

2013-04-13%252015.58.48.jpg

im using future pinball.
    It was fairly handy to set up.

Master of the Universe

I have to admit, that really does look class!

Would be great if it could work with some 3D glasses to add depth :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Probably a silly question but how to you control the plunger and flippers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭sundodger5

urbanledge wrote: »
    Had a bit of time last night/today so decided to mess about with visual pinaball software.
    You had a bit of time and you came up with that, Fair play to you us mere mortals would take a long time to get that far.

• Advertisement

sundodger5 wrote: »
    You had a bit of time and you came up with that, Fair play to you us mere mortals would take a long time to get that far.

Theres nothing too it at all,
    Download future pinball.Download table,unzip table
    Set your resolutions and orientations and open table.

Couldn't get star trek to work or adams family.
    Tried 3 or 4 tables

Medieval madness being the best

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ganjdalf

Thanks for all the reply guy's. Sorry didn't reply to any of them but i have had offer on a maverick. Just trying to figure out the pick up. Let's keep this thread going. what is your favorite Pinball machine you have played n the real world? Mine was probably Star trek the next generation or medevil madness. Great games. shame that it never really took of Ireland in a big way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Good to see all the love for Pinball. I've been toying with the idea of buying a table for the last few years. Must keep actively on the lookout for these bargains which do pop up every now and then. Could make for a very interesting project as you guys say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's starting to get to the stage if you don't own a pinball you never get to play the ****ing things. Serious drought at the moment. Quirkies in Dublin is the only place I know still has em. Place I used play them in Galway for years took them out 6 months ago. :(

Went to a local arcade to get a game of Theatre Of Magic

GONE! And the woman behind the counter was no ****ing help! She started going on about them being leased out, which makes sense because they had a big buck hunter too and that was new and also gone.

No pinballs anywhere near me now, looks like I have to buy one now!

tramore?

Those were the last 2 out there that I know of :(

Master of the Universe

The arcade beside Cineworld in Dublin has at least one pin - Gilligans Island. I think there was another beside it but am not too sure what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

This thread reminded me to check on the progress of a table for Future Pinball, Apollo 13. It a recreation of a real table that holds the record for the most bonus balls relesed at the same time (13). It's out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

They had Gilligans Island and... Fish Tails in Cineworld. Both gone last time I was in there.

Tramore they have a fair few, or did when I was there a year ago. A lot of them are pretty broken though. No Good Gophers (wrecked), CSI, Simpsons and Playboy maybe? There was something else as well. Great place to go play arcade machines though. Spent most of my time there playing Crisis Zone, which i'd say is probably my favourite lightgun game of all time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement