Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperspin

Options
  • 28-07-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Well chaps, I know some of ye are using Hyperspin for your cabs \ projects and just wondering is it worth the hassle?

Over the last few days on and off, I have been trying to get it working and I about to throw in the towel, I am normally okay at setting these kind of apps up, but this is wrecking my head. I find the hyperspin website not great tbh, and the video tutorials on youtube are out of date.

Did any of ye nice helpful chaps happen to come across a idiot guide to setting this up :pac:

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

djsim101 wrote: »
    Well chaps, I know some of ye are using Hyperspin for your cabs \ projects and just wondering is it worth the hassle?

Over the last few days on and off, I have been trying to get it working and I about to throw in the towel, I am normally okay at setting these kind of apps up, but this is wrecking my head. I find the hyperspin website not great tbh, and the video tutorials on youtube are out of date.

Did any of ye nice helpful chaps happen to come across a idiot guide to setting this up :pac:

Cheers

Yes, its very much worth the hassle. It's not the nightmare its made out to be to set up either, it's not particularly straight forward, but well within the bounds of someone willing to learn a bit about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Cheers dude, any guides that you found useful?

I can gather the basic grasp of the software, but for some reason, can't quite get a system to work, keep getting the same error messages,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mame should work out of the box without any config. granted you may want to tweak some of the display (themes etc) and controls etc but otherwise it will work just dandy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I havent even bothered using hyperspin as a frontend as it'd melt the pc I'm using it on.
    mgalaxy has been working pretty well for me , its not as flash as hyperspin (what is?) but it works , can start with windows and shut it down from the gui , and has a nice clean interface.Its also free..which is nice.

I can gather the basic grasp of the software, but for some reason, can't quite get a system to work, keep getting the same error messages,.

It generates a log file, which comes in very handy for troubleshooting that kinda stuff...it should tell you why an exe/system won't launch etc

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for your help, may I ask a few quick questions that I haven't been able to get answers for:

1) Install Hyperlaunch in C:\Hyperspin or C:\hyperspin\Hyperlaunch folder

2) Hyperlaunch installed - generates similar folders to hyperspin, i.e modules folder in both, can I ask why? (both folder structures are different)

3) Which emulator.ini settings do I edit, hyperpsin or Hyperlaunch?
    As I am gettting this error message and i reckon its related to the above question:

30ws1t5.png

Anyone who answers these questions I will buy you a few jars next time ye passing through Limerick, as I hate to be beat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Last one, it's trying to find some files on an I: drive, do you have such a path on your computer? If not, it'll just be that you have to edit the configuration to look in the right place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

what error messages are you getting? One thing that had me stumpled for ages, when launching a game for mame in hyperspin it just wouldnt start. turned out that if you dont have the sound drivers installed it wont launch! I spent a week trying to get it working until i installed them and it worked first time.

I don't think I even use Hyper Launch on my HS setup

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I used this guide to get HyperSpin setup on my machine. Quite long but very detailed.

• Advertisement

Thanks all, I can always count on my buds from the retro forum.

@ DamoElDiablo: I have fusion.exe located in that path location and also have it pointed in HQ, still getting the same error message. Its killing my.

@ keithgeo: getting the error message below, even though I have the path saved, and .exe in the correct folder, Hyperpsin still not seeing it. (prop something stupid, I know)

@ EnterNow, thats good to hear. I might start fresh again, (for the 10th time) and not bother with Hyperlaunch

@ Diddy Kong, I kinda started to watch that guide but it got real boring fast :) Will have to have a look again at it.

Thanks lads

It does get a bit boring, but once you setup one of the emulators, you can setup all of them.

I know, but if its a good and works, it be would be great, I will watch it over the weekend and report back.

OR, I could grab some file that is floating around the net somewhere that is 92gig in size :D

If that's the same one that I have seen floating around it is just the images/videos, not the hyperspin/hyperlaunch/emulator setup's.

Advertisement