Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loss of taste and smell

• 17-03-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Anyone ever suffer from this longterm and find a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cuchullain99

I lost my sense of smell in 2004, I have chronic allergic rhinitis.. I suffer from a number of allergies but the main one is dust mite or their droppings
    The solution that works for me is in 3 parts

A strong course of Prednisalone 40mg for 5 or 6 days, sometimes docs prescribe a reducing dose, 40mg for 2 days then 30mg for 2 days and so on… This step can be skipped if you can already breath through your nose and it is not totally blocked.. This steroid reduces the inflammation
    Get Neilmed sinus rinse, available on ebay it is a plasic bottle with a special nozzel you put 1 to 2 sachets of a saline powder into the bottle, fill it up with warm distilled water and flush out your nose with it.. It is a little uncomfortable at first but you get used to it and it flushes all the gunk and allergens out of your nose
    Avamys nasal spray, active ingredient Fluticasone furoate.. After flushing, 2 squirts in each nostril then before bed 1 in each nostril..

One thing that is very very important, this has to be done each and every day, if one day is missed than the body starts the reaction process to the allergens breathed in throughout the day and night, and the inflammation begins again......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Lingering sinus infection I’m guessing.

Advertisement