Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS are pure evil.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

i am a bit confused by the whole thing now!
    when this started you had Syrian government on one side and the rebels or the F.S.A on the other.?so where did this Islamic state crowd come from?also why have we not seen basir on the Tele for long time?

Do keep up man.

(Ignoring the back office staff)

Its Assad V. ISIS, Free Syrian Amry (FSA) , Jabhat Al Nusra, Khorasan, Islamic Front and ISIS.
    there's a bit of ISIS V. Jabhat Al Nusra, and some ISIS V. FSA, and sometimes a smattering of ISIS V Islamic Front. Then there was a bit of USA V. Khorasan, which caused ISIS and Al Nusra to kiss and make up. There's some ISIS V Iraq. there's some Kurds V. Assad, but mainy Kurds V. ISIS. There was some Assad V. Ghuraba al-Sham and some Ghuraba al-Sham V. ISIS but not much these days. Hezbollah is after getting stuck in with Assad, there's some Mahdi Army V. ISIS after kicking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Do keep up man.

(Ignoring the back office staff)

Its Assad V. ISIS, Free Syrian Amry (FSA) , Jabhat Al Nusra, Khorasan, Islamic Front and ISIS.
    there's a bit of ISIS V. Jabhat Al Nusra, and some ISIS V. FSA, and sometimes a smattering of ISIS V Islamic Front. Then there was a bit of USA V. Khorasan, which caused ISIS and Al Nusra to kiss and make up. There's some ISIS V Iraq. there's some Kurds V. Assad, but mainy Kurds V. ISIS. There was some Assad V. Ghuraba al-Sham and some Ghuraba al-Sham V. ISIS but not much these days. Hezbollah is after getting stuck in with Assad, there's some Mahdi Army V. ISIS after kicking off.

Then then Mahdi army vs the US marines part 3 should us troops land in iraq enmass,

The situation is a total cluster **** and nobody trusts there friends and allies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Terrible as all this is. I have to admit with most middle-east stuff I feel very distant from it because its "over there".
    The culture is completely different to over here.
    Before I get attacked for not showing compassion. I have tried to understand the history of the Middle-East in particular Palestine/Israel.
    I even got a book about Ireland's attitude to the Palestinian problem. it is based on inter-governmental responses etc.

But the fact is. and i am being extremely honest here the only time I think of Middle-Eastern problems is when I am filling the car with petrol. That's all.

Fanatical people from the Middle-East are nothing new.
    The former colonial powers messed it up and attempt to fix it half-@ssed occasionally. What's new? the names just change now we have a new name ISIS.

How will it affect petrol and oil prices?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

deseil wrote: »
    As a woman this post sends shivers down my spine. I respect your faith but for my daughter's sisters and myself I hope your not right.

I came across this on the Beeb. For all the madness and cruelty, I assumed (in my childlike way) :o, that it was pretty much men. Men in the main doing the beheading and blowing themselves and others up.

But here
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29507410
    Young, westernised, educated women are going off to join IS. I'm just amazed. This from one
    For example, Khadijah Dare - the 22-year-old woman from south London who notoriously tweeted that she wanted to be the first female jihadi to kill a Western hostage - went to live in Syria after arranging to marry a Swedish IS fighter, Abu Bakr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭SwiftJustice

Then there was a bit of USA V. Khorasan

Khorasan does not exist and was made up to justify the air strikes.

Obama ****ed up. He said ISIS was not an immediate threat to the US and he cannot launch air strikes on a country that pose no threat so he used this shadow organisation as a cover.

THE FAKE TERROR THREAT USED TO JUSTIFY BOMBING SYRIA - Glenn Greenwald

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

What I can't understand is the leftie shower on here having a negative attitude towards the U.S. / West. Ok, they may have made mistakes, but it really is a case of them versus us. We are westerners, Islamists hate us and will stop at nothing to try and instill their horrible Sharia law wherever they can. People forget the yanks and Brits defeated Nazism, where would the world be now if they hadn't got involved then???
    I really think more control needs to be excercised by the State over mosques and Muslim charities. And don't come back saying it's unconstitutional / infringes civil liberties etc. When it's in the public interest it must be done and is within the rules of the constitution .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

What I can't understand is the leftie shower on here having a negative attitude towards the U.S. / West. Ok, they may have made mistakes, but it really is a case of them versus us. We are westerners, Islamists hate us and will stop at nothing to try and instill their horrible Sharia law wherever they can. People forget the yanks and Brits defeated Nazism, where would the world be now if they hadn't got involved then???
    I really think more control needs to be excercised by the State over mosques and Muslim charities. And don't come back saying it's unconstitutional / infringes civil liberties etc. When it's in the public interest it must be done and is within the rules of the constitution .

Ideologically skewed ideas of "tolerance"
    Results.... Rotherham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Two tone is right. This is a case of them versus us. A clash of civilisations if you must. And WE must confront it. This is as justifiable to putting boots on the ground as ww2 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that really is an ignorant post...."ok they may have made mistakes"....you can't just make a mistake and invade two countries and then bugger off and leave them to fester....that's a little more than a mistake....them vs us????? i'm certainly no part of your "us" and "leftie shower"?? what's this the 70's....

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

that really is an ignorant post...."ok they may have made mistakes"....you can't just make a mistake and invade two countries and then bugger off and leave them to fester....that's a little more than a mistake....them vs us????? i'm certainly no part of your "us" and "leftie shower"?? what's this the 70's....

Well I'm glad you're not one of 'us' . Wouldn't want to be relying on people with your attitude.

So what is your opinion on all the good the U.S has done in recent history???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Ok ash your entitled to your opinion. But could you please explain how you would tackle isis..??.

Ok ash your entitled to your opinion. But could you please explain how you would tackle isis..??.
    sadly the only course of action is full on war

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Send the USMC First Recon Battalion rumbling and grinding across the IS-occupied territory, exterminating them methodically.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Send the USMC First Recon Battalion rumbling and grinding across the IS-occupied territory, exterminating them methodically.

Unfortunately thats not going to happen nor would it work it would actually cause more harm than good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Gatling wrote: »
    Unfortunately thats not going to happen nor would it work it would actually cause more harm than good

It might cause more harm than good overall after it has worked, but I should say it could definitely be made to work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Was the identity of the british guy who was performing the executions ever made known? Or perhaps they know who it is but are not saying?

jimgoose wrote: »

Thing is, its unconventional warfare.

ISIS don't hold a line or have formations to smash.

If you engage ISIS it will probably be in an urban environment. A town teeming with young men in civilian clothes.
    Ask any of them if they are in ISIS, they would deny.

So its pointless.

However, smaller engagements with SEALs/Delta..... More useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

sadly the only course of action is full on war
    are you quite sure you mean sadly?...sounds like you would enjoy it to me!

Was the identity of the british guy who was performing the executions ever made known? Or perhaps they know who it is but are not saying?

Currently unknown I think.

From a previous post in this thead

If any sizeable force of us troops land on the ground what will happen they will get bogged down fighting various militias like the madhi army loyal to Muqtada al-Sadr who has already said he will declare war on American forces if they enter Iraq ,
    Along with many anti American groups that have been around since the the invasion ,

So now your the common enemy stuck in between stuck between several powerful groups that would also include forces loyal to and including Iranian forces

• Advertisement

Currently unknown I think.

Hes been identified already but there not publicly identifying him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Gatling wrote: »
    Hes been identified already but there not publicly identifying him

Yeah Thats what I thought, the F.B.I came out last week and said they have identified him

oceanman wrote: »
    are you quite sure you mean sadly?...sounds like you would enjoy it to me!
    we will hardly notice over here, i say sadly because it's sheer stupidity that allowed it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don't ever advocate violence but for ISIS I make an exception....there really is no other to fight against people who believe they are waging some kind of holy war for their god and don't care who they hurt or if they have die to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I thought that British ISIS executioner was identified as a failed rapper from London, or is he another Briton who's joined them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

there really is no other to fight against people who believe they are waging some kind of holy war for their god and don't care who they hurt or if they have die to do it.
    Crusaders? Spanish Inquisition?

DLMA23 wrote: »

Soooo?

What's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think the point there is that Christianity has also terrorised in the name of God. You don't really have to go back far for incidences of Christian terrorism - the US group "Army of God" come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

I think the point there is that Christianity has also terrorised in the name of God. You don't really have to go back far for incidences of Christian terrorism - the US group "Army of God" come to mind.

Three men aren't an army, 30,000 IS soldiers are.

You seem to be confusing oddball outliers (I see a few mentions of that one family cult Westburough Baptist Church getting a few mentions also) for a mich more ingrained problem within Islam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

DLMA23 wrote: »

We don't live in the middle ages these days though do we? Besides, the Crusades were a response to Islamic expansionism that was far from bloodless.
    Throughout it's bloody reign the Spanish Inquisition killed about 3,000 people over 40 years, which constitutes a bad weekend for IS.......

Advertisement