Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The poker forum - my take

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    At no time did R4D bring HJ's personal life and living arrangements into this arguement. This was unnecessary and had no place in an arguement about poker. TBH I find personal attacks of this nature to be very off -putting and it certainly doesnt encourage newbies like myself to post if this is the sort of level debates can descend to. Just my 2 cents

I just want to clarify that the reason behind my post was not to antagonise this situation further and was not to come down on one side or the other. I dont know either guy so therefore have no vested interest. I was attempting to make a general point that sometimes new posters can sometimes be a little put off if they feel they are going to be berated for posting for example a hand history which everyone feels they played badly and although this is usually the case, some comments can make the person feel very small.

I understand that part of posting on a forum such as this is that there are jokes and banter and thats what makes it intersesting and why people do post, but while constructive critiscism and advice are always welcome,comments which just generally put down a persons play are not.

This was what I was getting at and tbh maybe it wasnt entirely relevant to this thread but it was what came to mind. I do apologise if I have offended anyone or if HJ thought I was getting at him, that was not my intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I said it's a reason i played less or are you always this unobservant? The only thing implied is i would have played more otherwise, not better or worse but more.

Well I was making the assumption that you a winner, so the more mtts you play the more likely it is you end up in profit. So I wasnt actually being unobservant, just slightly more advanced in my thinking than you were.
    Look, i brought your mtt record into this for 1 reason and 1 reason alone. lloyd accused me of levelling you. I'm not psychic, i can only check things like recorded results. 5 cashes from 60 odd tournaments over 3 years. that's not "evidence" of consistent winning results in mtt. You may be a winner but, as i said, i'm not psychic and in the absence of any proof to the contrary i'll maintain my hunch that you're probably not very good at mtt.

Whats the hunch based on? Nothing. I could make hunches about your sex life which would have about the same credibility. Its obviously fine for you to hold any opinion you want.
    You're placing great emphasis on my losing year of 2007 where i played for 3 months. Cool. Over 3,000 tournaments i'm a proven consistent winner. You can isolate periods and sub-samples within that sample and show losing periods. Of course. I could also isolate winning periods (like january 2008), but both are irrelevant, all that matters is over the whole sample i'm a consistent winner. Over a 3 month period in 2007 i played bad, ran bad, tried harder games and finished up -19% ROI. i should be ashamed of myself obv but weirdly i'm not because i'm attempting to use the knowledge i gained on how to compete in the harder games to my benefit. If it ends up costing 7k to do so, fine.

I placed so much emphasis on it because its funny. You are funny to me. I'm sure your a long term big winner at low stakes mtts, and I wont embarass either of us by making any hunches about any other type of poker you might play.
    If someone said you should play 1000 $3 rebuys in a year they would be probably also as unobservant as you, they have 2x $3 rebuys daily on stars. I know maths isnt my strongest point (:rolleyes:) but 365x2 = 730, and that would assume you dont sleep or leave the house. Leaving the house requires having a life so you could probably get close to 730 played imo. (i play 30-40 mtt a day before you hit me with your usual smart-alec comeback pandering to your mates!)

Do you know what satire is? Because its pretty obvious I wasnt being exactly serious. I have no idea how many $3 mtts there are each day, and I dont care either. Its a matter of record here that you play long sessions, 10 - 12 hours long. I play short sessions, usually 2 or three hours at the most. I also live an independent life. So based on those two facts, who do you think is mathamatically more likely to "have a life"?

So anyway this next paragraph is my final contribution to this thread and any thread (bar my EPT diary) for a while:

Scroll to 3:57 ---> 4:14[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I clicked on the link and as soon as I realised Adam Sandler was in it I had to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

this thread is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Taxipete29 wrote: »

This was what I was getting at and tbh maybe it wasnt entirely relevant to this thread but it was what came to mind. I do apologise if I have offended anyone or if HJ thought I was getting at him, that was not my intent.

No not at all, I dont think you were getting at me at all. Under normal circumstances I would definitely agree with you, but he had made it personal a long time ago. Anyway I'm not offended and you may of had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

ianmc38 wrote: »
    this thread is awesome.
    True, but sadly I'm gonna lock her up now.

I think enough's enough at this stage.

Ste05

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement